House Cleaning

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Post Reply
User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 17609
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

House Cleaning

#1

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:32 pm

Some of you may have noticed that our biannual house cleaning has been done and little used forums have been closed with their posts being moved to other forums. This is done approx. every 2 to 3 years to keep the board from getting bloated with seldom used categories and forums. I still need to move some posts for older legislative sessions, but I just don't have time to do that now.

Chas.

User avatar

paulhailes
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:34 pm
Location: Austin
Contact:

Re: House Cleaning

#2

Post by paulhailes » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks for maintaing an amazing forum.

User avatar

hpcatx
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 511
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:21 am
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana

Re: House Cleaning

#3

Post by hpcatx » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:06 pm

paulhailes wrote:Thanks for maintaing an amazing forum.
Agreed. This is a wonderful resource. Chas, your and the other mods' hard work is greatly appreciated by many. While I only recently signed up as a member, I actively read the site for months before hand; I am positive that number of folks who benefit on a daily basis from discussions here is much larger than the mere membership ranks.
:thumbs2:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 17609
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: House Cleaning

#4

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:13 pm

Thanks guys.

Chas.

User avatar

G26ster
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2655
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:28 pm
Location: DFW

Re: House Cleaning

#5

Post by G26ster » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:01 am

Love the Forums Charles, and great job as always. I do have a question about the Test Area Forum. What is it's purpose? Any proposed post in any forum can be viewed by clicking on the "Preview" button to see what it looks like, including attachments, etc. It would seem a Test Area that maintains all manner of tests just bloats the board. What am I missing?

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 17609
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: House Cleaning

#6

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:40 am

G26ster wrote:Love the Forums Charles, and great job as always. I do have a question about the Test Area Forum. What is it's purpose? Any proposed post in any forum can be viewed by clicking on the "Preview" button to see what it looks like, including attachments, etc. It would seem a Test Area that maintains all manner of tests just bloats the board. What am I missing?
You're not missing anything and you're right about the preview. The test area was created not only for testing, but somewhat as a resource. People could see how others solved problems like posting photos, links, etc. This only works if someone has a problem with their test and another Member responds, so it has proven helpful, but not as much as originally hoped.

Chas.

User avatar

terryg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1719
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Alvin, TX

Re: House Cleaning

#7

Post by terryg » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:You're not missing anything and you're right about the preview. The test area was created not only for testing, but somewhat as a resource. People could see how others solved problems like posting photos, links, etc. This only works if someone has a problem with their test and another Member responds, so it has proven helpful, but not as much as originally hoped.
But it has helped. I work in IT, so I hate to admit it, but I have found answers by trolling the test forum. :oops:
... this space intentionally left blank ...

User avatar

sugar land dave
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1396
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:03 am
Location: Sugar Land, TX

Re: House Cleaning

#8

Post by sugar land dave » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:05 pm

terryg wrote:But it has helped. I work in IT, so I hate to admit it, but I have found answers by trolling the test forum. :oops:
:iagree:
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Post Reply

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”