30.06 database / listing

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Corona
Posts in topic: 5

30.06 database / listing

Post by Corona »

There was a thread one of the forums I frequent that had a link to a website that has now been taken down. That website had a listing of places in Texas posted with a 30.06 sign.

I'm suggesting that we create a forum or listing of such places on this site. While the former website creator decided to take down his site, the idea was still a good one (I believe).

What are your thoughts?
Is it possible with this forum software without too much work?

If greeted with positive responses, maybe we could brainstorm on the data fields we would like to track, what's required, what's optional, etc.

Thought I would float this and see what you all think.
-Corona

hi-power
Posts in topic: 2

Post by hi-power »

That was this forum and the guy that created the website decided not to hang around here any more and took his website with him.

I think it's definitely something worthwhile to pursue, but I'm not sure how it can be done in a forum environment and be useful. I'm no expert on this type of software, so maybe there is a way to allow users to drill down to view local names and addresses from a city tab.

If not, I'll volunteer to re-create a website. I'll just have to dust off my copy of "HTML for Dummies" and get it going.

I'll make this pledge right now, though: If I ever decide to leave this forum and not return, for whatever reason, I will allow another forum user to take over the website, (and that person will then be responsible for all maintenance and costs associated with it).

Topic author
Corona

Post by Corona »

Maybe we don't need our own "site" for it, maybe we could use an existing mapping program/site like FRAPPR. Like the http://www.frappr.com/texaschlforum

Just spitballing. :smile:
-Corona

Shu
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Shu »

Im working with russell on this, the site was texas3006.com I have been busy with the holidays and we are going to work on this.

Topic author
Corona

Post by Corona »

Shu wrote:Im working with russell on this, the site was texas3006.com I have been busy with the holidays and we are going to work on this.
Awesome!! Sounds like someone is already working on it then! :razz:
-Corona

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I wish Russell would reconsider and stick with us. But thanks for picking up this project Shu.

Chas.

hi-power
Posts in topic: 2

Post by hi-power »

Shu wrote:Im working with russell on this, the site was texas3006.com I have been busy with the holidays and we are going to work on this.
That's good news. If you need to pass the hat around for donations, let me know. I'll kick in a few bucks to help with costs.

Shu

Post by Shu »

Corona that is probally not a bad idea about the frapper im just not that crazy about it. I have another idea that is kinda of like that.

Looks like im going to have a busy weekend

Shu

Post by Shu »

I wasnt aware that russell was going anywhere

Well maybe im not going to be doing this. He took it down
Last edited by Shu on Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Corona

Post by Corona »

Shu wrote:Corona that is probally not a bad idea about the frapper im just not that crazy about it. I have another idea that is kinda of like that.

Looks like im going to have a busy weekend
Yeah, I was just throwing that out there. I like the idea of mapping, but don't know a good way to implement it.
-Corona

age_ranger

Post by age_ranger »

The frapper thing is a good idea. It shows a map and has little tags for locations. I'm not very familiar, but another forum I frequent did one to see where all the members were spread out. It was kinda neat and it made it easy to find people in your area with the same interests.
http://www.berettaforum.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just remember: Your very best thinking got you where you are now!!!

fadlan12

Post by fadlan12 »

the frappr thing is a bit annoying, several sites in austin did not list what the business name was.

Shu

Post by Shu »

I cant make it work I know the frapper is annoying but I have a diffrent method

DustinB

Post by DustinB »

If someone wants to make the site and keep it updated, I will donate the server space and bandwidth. I have far more than I use.

Shu

Post by Shu »

I will do it. If you want to PM me on I will start on it.
I also dont thank we should limit it to 30.06 maybe if we add some more stuff to it.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”