Maybe a trading area?

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dolanp
Posts in topic: 1

Maybe a trading area?

Post by dolanp »

Lots of forums have areas set up for trades or buying/selling and since we're all in Texas I thought maybe one of those might do well here. Just a thought.
Springfield XD 9mm Service

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Let me scratch my head on this a while. This might be a real benefit. I know 1911forum.com has a very active trading section, but they prohibit firearms and receivers; i.e. anything with a serial number. Even as an attorney, I'm not sure why they have that policy, but let me give this some thought. I certainly am not opposed to a "trading" section without firearms, but let me give some thought to guns before I launch it.

I wonder if it would be helpful to have a section for FFL's to list their location, contact information and transfer fees? It would not be available for advertising items.

Members, please give me your thoughts on both of these proposals.

Regards,
Chas.
Last edited by Charles L. Cotton on Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RatMan

Post by RatMan »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Members, please give me your thoughts on both of these proposals.
Another forum I'm on, HS-XDTalk has a "Trading" area and includes firearms. I can't think of why this would pose a legal problem, but you're the lawyer. :)
XD9 SC
Para C7.45
CZ RAMI
SA Champion 1911
SA Micro Compact 1911
S&W 1911
S&W Model 60 .357Mag
Taurus Model 415 .41mag
Taurus Model 617TBC .357mag
Taurus .45 Millennium Pro
Taurus .380 Millennium
American Derringer .45ACP

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

I wonder if it would be helpful to have a section for FFL's to list their location, contact information and transfer fees? It would not be to available for advertising items.
This is a brilliant idea. I can't recall of any other forums have anything like this. Of course, most of the other forums are not region specific, so it may be more difficult to administer.

About a trading section. On other forums that have this feature it seems to be one of the sections with the most traffic. I don't see a problem with including firearms.

Maybe a tacked disclaimer stating something to the effect that all transactions are between the individuals and this message board nor its administration take any responsibility for any transaction made in this forum.

one eyed fatman
Banned

Post by one eyed fatman »

YES

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

New Forums

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Check out the new category: Market: Buy, Sell or Trade.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Chas.

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Looks good. I like the part about deleting posts made by people that are not forum participants.

Thanks for the hard work. It is getting better all the time.

antfarmer

Post by antfarmer »

If it gets busy, you might think about busting out WTS, WTT and WTB into their own catagories.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”