Motorcycle subforum

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
gigag04
Posts in topic: 5

Motorcycle subforum

Post by gigag04 »

Most of the bike forums I've been on have a gun subforum. Any interest in a bike sub forum? Plan rides, meets, and tech issues. Get together and wrench on bikes?

I'm acquiring tools like crazy. I'm trying to get a track bike soon, and will get a lift with it.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

74novaman
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Motorcycle subforum

Post by 74novaman »

gigag04 wrote:Most of the bike forums I've been on have a gun subforum. Any interest in a bike sub forum? Plan rides, meets, and tech issues. Get together and wrench on bikes?

I'm acquiring tools like crazy. I'm trying to get a track bike soon, and will get a lift with it.
We might be better off doing a "vehicle" subforum, or even a "transportation" subforum.

I know theres a lot of guys on here into cars, and some into airplanes....that way it'd be a bit more active.

Would be kind of cool to have a gearhead section. :coolgleamA:
TANSTAAFL

MoJoeWrkn
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MoJoeWrkn »

I would be interested in a Bike area.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.” —Col. Jeff Cooper
http://www.mojogunleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

gigag04 wrote:Most of the bike forums I've been on have a gun subforum. Any interest in a bike sub forum? Plan rides, meets, and tech issues. Get together and wrench on bikes?

I suspected that was you @ WFO ;-)

I have a GSXR that I started tracking (occasionally...) last summer. First time out was at TWS, then Barber, then MSR-H. I signed up w. RideSmart to do Barber again this August; not sure when I'll fit in other track days yet this year :-( Although there is a one-day event at Colin Edwards' Texas Tornado Boot Camp I signed up for April 8 - check out the events section on MotoHouston, my first time getting to slide around in the dirt! :anamatedbanana
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Topic author
gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Im riding Novice at TWS on 3/19 with RideSmart. I'm going to try to hit it up the Lone Star track day I'm early April. I live about 2 miles from the track.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

RHenriksen wrote:

I suspected that was you @ WFO ;-)

I have a GSXR that I started tracking (occasionally...) last summer. First time out was at TWS, then Barber, then MSR-H. I signed up w. RideSmart to do Barber again this August; not sure when I'll fit in other track days yet this year :-( Although there is a one-day event at Colin Edwards' Texas Tornado Boot Camp I signed up for April 8 - check out the events section on MotoHouston, my first time getting to slide around in the dirt! :anamatedbanana
I also have a Gixxer, but don't go on rides as much the last year or two. My riding buddy sold his R1 a couple years ago. I had intended on selling it and getting a nice shotgun with some of the money, but the wife indicated that if gas goes above $4/gallon we might be riding it to and from work more often. If I still have it through the summer a ride might be fun.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

F4injected

Post by F4injected »

This would be kind of awesome! I have a cbr f4i but I haven't been to the track yet.... boooo I know but I really want to go sometime soon. I'm also usually on motohouston too if you guys are on there.

Topic author
gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

F4injected wrote:This would be kind of awesome! I have a cbr f4i but I haven't been to the track yet.... boooo I know but I really want to go sometime soon. I'm also usually on motohouston too if you guys are on there.
Before you hit up a track day, check out WFO Riders. Lots of skill and knowledge. And some
Legit discounts too.

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

I'd be a fan of a vehicle subforum. Would be nice to discuss carrying methods in cars and bikes, and to just shoot the poop about cars and planes :cool:
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

I tend to stay forum specific, using each forum for the main menu items. Motorcycle, car, trailer, gun, chl
.. but dabble in the sub forums at times.. So why not here as well with a motorcycle forum :thumbs2: .
Thats what is in the shop today.

2007 Ninja 650R Street
1998 VTR1000F
2003 DRZ 485 SuperMoto
2007 YZ450F
2003 RM250
2005 CRF230
2007 Ninja 650R Track
2003 CBR600 Track
1982 TZ250J Track

Or if it's a vehicle forum then add
2003 F350 Crew Cab PowerStroke, long bed 4x4 aka Mothership
2005 S197 GT Mustang
2007 GT500
2011 GMC Canyon

Or if its a transportation add
2005 Nomad 32ft Toy Hauler
2009 26ft car hauler
2007 16ft Motorcycle trailer
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Topic author
gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Selling the CBR Track bike?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

As a response from a Mod, this is just my thoughts on the sub-forum:

We have talked about other types of additional interest forums in the past, but do to the level of moderation on this forum, we have always tried to curtail the amount of areas required to moderate.

With that said, i really don't think we would be wanting to add another section for an outside interest. When you add one, then it It leads to others wanting a section for knitting, animal husbandry, etc. LOL

So, I would say start a topic in the off-topic section to discuss these types of things. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

I'll volunteer to mod it ;)

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

gigag04 wrote:Selling the CBR Track bike?
No sir.. I think it is getting the street plastics back on and becoming a hand me down to my son.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

gigag04 wrote:Im riding Novice at TWS on 3/19 with RideSmart. I'm going to try to hit it up the Lone Star track day I'm early April. I live about 2 miles from the track.
IMO, stay away from ECR (Eagles Canyon). I worked corner safety there for one track day year before last.... They had water leeching up through the track and on a windy day the dust sticks to the wet spots and creates havoc on the back of the track (turns 7 through 10).... We lost nearly 1/3 of the bikes to crashes that day. They should have stopped riding. I was mad enough to spit (being nice here). I'll not go back there unless I get confirmation they've repaired the water issue.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”