L-1 Fingerprints - Question

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Post Reply

Topic author
discoqueen
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:45 pm
Location: DFW

L-1 Fingerprints - Question

#1

Post by discoqueen » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:24 pm

After filling out my CHL application online, I went directly to L-1 to set up my appointment for prints. What I didn't realize, is that when it ported over First/Last/Middle Name, they were in the wrong fields! I had a chance to fix them, but I didn't catch it til I was printing out my Fast Pass and my registration receipt. Is there any way to fix it online? Do I need to call them? Is this going to be a problem when I arrive to do my prints?

Hello Monday. :banghead:
How many tools are in your toolbox?
www.DefensiveMindset.com

User avatar

Keith B
Moderator
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 18296
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Re: L-1 Fingerprints - Question

#2

Post by Keith B » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:29 pm

discoqueen wrote:After filling out my CHL application online, I went directly to L-1 to set up my appointment for prints. What I didn't realize, is that when it ported over First/Last/Middle Name, they were in the wrong fields! I had a chance to fix them, but I didn't catch it til I was printing out my Fast Pass and my registration receipt. Is there any way to fix it online? Do I need to call them? Is this going to be a problem when I arrive to do my prints?

Hello Monday. :banghead:
They should be able to correct your name at the L-1 location when you arrive. It is a very common mistake.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4


Topic author
discoqueen
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:45 pm
Location: DFW

Re: L-1 Fingerprints - Question

#3

Post by discoqueen » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:35 pm

Keith B wrote:
discoqueen wrote:After filling out my CHL application online, I went directly to L-1 to set up my appointment for prints. What I didn't realize, is that when it ported over First/Last/Middle Name, they were in the wrong fields! I had a chance to fix them, but I didn't catch it til I was printing out my Fast Pass and my registration receipt. Is there any way to fix it online? Do I need to call them? Is this going to be a problem when I arrive to do my prints?

Hello Monday. :banghead:
They should be able to correct your name at the L-1 location when you arrive. It is a very common mistake.
Thanks, Keith. I can see how it would be a common occurrence. I think if I'd actually had to type that info in the fields it would have been fine, but because it auto-filled I guess I just assumed (uh oh) that it was right.
Now.....the whole truth. MY form is fine. It was my husband's form that did that. LOL
How many tools are in your toolbox?
www.DefensiveMindset.com

User avatar

tomtexan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1186
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:42 pm
Location: Henderson County, TX

Re: L-1 Fingerprints - Question

#4

Post by tomtexan » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:44 pm

Same thing happened to me. They correct it in the computer when you do the prints. The lady at the office that I went to said it happens all the time.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member


Topic author
discoqueen
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:45 pm
Location: DFW

Re: L-1 Fingerprints - Question

#5

Post by discoqueen » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:53 pm

tomtexan wrote:Same thing happened to me. They correct it in the computer when you do the prints. The lady at the office that I went to said it happens all the time.
Glad to know it's not just me, I guess! :)
How many tools are in your toolbox?
www.DefensiveMindset.com

User avatar

Crossfire
Moderator
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5378
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:27 am
Location: DFW
Contact:

Re: L-1 Fingerprints - Question

#6

Post by Crossfire » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:27 pm

It DOES happen all the time. Probably more often than it works correctly.

We just routinely fix it in the system when you come in to be printed.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com


JoeMal
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:57 am

Re: L-1 Fingerprints - Question

#7

Post by JoeMal » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:36 pm

The same thing happened to me when I went to complete the paperwork...thankfully I noticed it and changed it on my own. Sounds pretty common...you think they'd get that fixed! :smash:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it illegal for sober people to own cars.

User avatar

teri
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:51 pm
Location: The Colony

Re: L-1 Fingerprints - Question

#8

Post by teri » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:42 pm

Argh! :banghead: I just noticed mine is the same way...but I've already done the fingerprinting. She didn't say anything about fixing the name. I hope it all comes out okay. Do I send this form in with all the other paperwork or is it for me to keep?
6/2/12 - CHL Class
7/20/12 - Plastic in hand!

~Do it today! It might be illegal tomorrow. - author unknown~

User avatar

tomtexan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1186
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:42 pm
Location: Henderson County, TX

Re: L-1 Fingerprints - Question

#9

Post by tomtexan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:04 pm

teri wrote:Argh! :banghead: I just noticed mine is the same way...but I've already done the fingerprinting. She didn't say anything about fixing the name. I hope it all comes out okay. Do I send this form in with all the other paperwork or is it for me to keep?
I made a copy of mine and sent the original. Can't hurt anything. That way they can match it up with what is in the computer.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

User avatar

teri
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:51 pm
Location: The Colony

Re: L-1 Fingerprints - Question

#10

Post by teri » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Thanks for the reply, I'll do just that!
6/2/12 - CHL Class
7/20/12 - Plastic in hand!

~Do it today! It might be illegal tomorrow. - author unknown~

Post Reply

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”