email notifications - add message contents?

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rex B
Posts in topic: 1

email notifications - add message contents?

Post by Rex B »

I subscribe to a dozen or more forums. I use the feature "Automatically Subscribe to threads that I have posted in", as I do here.
Most of them send me an email that includes the body of the message, as well as the links. That is very helpful, as many of them do not require any action on my part. With TXCHL, I have to follow the link in my browser for every "rlol" or :iagree: someone posts.
If it is possible to include message bodies in the email notifications, it would save the members much time and aggravation.
Last edited by Rex B on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: email notifications - add message contents?

Post by mojo84 »

I agree this would be nice if possible. I would be more inclined to subscribe to threads of interest.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

It would be a nice option for PMs too.

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

:iagree: I would like the contents of the PM to be included in the notification e-mail too.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”