Search Results Are Not Clean

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RiverKing
Posts in topic: 2

Search Results Are Not Clean

Post by RiverKing »

I just did a search with category=Financial and city=Allen. The search returned 7 items . . . in McAllen. I see how that could happen but it shouldn't. The search engine needs a bit of tweaking.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Search Results Are Not Clean

Post by Skiprr »

RiverKing wrote:I just did a search with category=Financial and city=Allen. The search returned 7 items . . . in McAllen. I see how that could happen but it shouldn't. The search engine needs a bit of tweaking.
Are you referring to https://www.texas3006.com/? If so, that site is administered by a valued TexasCHLforum member, Russell.

TexasCHLforum does not develop, control, or administer Texas3006.com. If you want, you can enter a support ticket at https://www.texas3006.com/help/, or you can send Russell a Forum Private Message: http://www.texaschlforum.com/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose (type in "Russell" under "Add Recipients," then click "Add").
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

The current search implementation allows for partial searches on the text fields. Very useful, in my opinion. I don't need to know the exact way someone put a business in to pull it up.

For instance, I can type in "Theater" and it will show all businesses with "Theater" in its name.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

that's the way most searches work
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

mcneyens
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mcneyens »

Russel do you plan on adding geo fencing with alerts so when I get near a biz with (legal) signage my watch/phone beeps at me?

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

mcneyens wrote:Russel do you plan on adding geo fencing with alerts so when I get near a biz with (legal) signage my watch/phone beeps at me?
The mobile app does that already. :headscratch
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

loktite

Post by loktite »

Russell wrote:Hi RiverKing,

The city search allowing partial matches is, I believe, an oversight. I can't recall right now if there was a reason why I did it that way.

Will ponder on that a bit more. If not, I'll disable partial matches on that field.

Thanks!
Well the partial city search is great for quickly looking up a longer/split city name. What about adding a checkbox for exact phrase only?
NRA Endowment Member

mcneyens

Post by mcneyens »

Russell wrote:
mcneyens wrote:Russel do you plan on adding geo fencing with alerts so when I get near a biz with (legal) signage my watch/phone beeps at me?
Like PawPaw said, our mobile apps (for iPhone and Android) have this feature implemented. You can grab a copy of them here: http://www.texas3006.com/mobileapps.php

I've been using the app since the beginning of February and it's never "gone off" when I get near a number of posting in the area I visit most.

Do you have it running as a background service or does the app need to be open for that feature to work.

Love the app and the DB :tiphat:

mcneyens

Post by mcneyens »

Cool. I reboot my phone often, so that was probably my issue.

I played around i the settings yesterday and wouldn't you know it as I'm driving home from work my Apple Watch starts buzzing.

Just need more people to start posting what they've found.

THANK YOU!!!

Topic author
RiverKing
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RiverKing »

That app really sounds great! I don't suppose you have a Windows Phone version, do you?

howdy

Post by howdy »

If I want to do an entry, I go to the MAP area and see if the new entry location is already entered. I do the same with trying to see if an establishment is posted prior to going there. Many businesses are under a holding company name and difficult to search.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”