Church Security Sub-forum?

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
troglodyte
Posts in topic: 3

Church Security Sub-forum?

Post by troglodyte »

I put this out for consideration.

Since the change in the law and that I suspect a number of us are involved in providing security at our houses of worship, would there be value in having a sub-forum for "Church Security"?

It might be a nice place to find resources, pass on tips, tricks, and training, and help each other in providing for the Lord's flock.

I'd even volunteer to be a moderator if I was needed and would certainly understand if I wasn't.

Just a thought.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Church Security Sub-forum?

Post by Abraham »

Sounds like a great idea.

While, I'm not a church goer or synagogue goer either for that matter (I'm not Jewish despite my on line name), I want my kindred spirits, if you will, being protected with efficiency.

A sub-forum like this would be a great place to exchange ideas for greater security ideas.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Good idea. I would also like to see this sub-forum
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Here's a strange suggestion - why doesn't someone send a private message to the gentleman who owns this forum and ask him?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

troglodyte wrote:I put this out for consideration.

Since the change in the law and that I suspect a number of us are involved in providing security at our houses of worship, would there be value in having a sub-forum for "Church Security"?

It might be a nice place to find resources, pass on tips, tricks, and training, and help each other in providing for the Lord's flock.

I'd even volunteer to be a moderator if I was needed and would certainly understand if I wasn't.

Just a thought.
Great idea! I think it would be very helpful.
For example, we are about to test a brand of radios for our group. We could give feedback.
Also recommendations on medical training, etc....
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

flechero

Post by flechero »

I really like the idea but can also see great value in it being a "non-public" subforum... For specific tactics or other strategy type info I'd vote for keeping it off the main page.

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

troglodyte wrote:I put this out for consideration.

Just a thought.
I like this idea. I've actually been considering offering free security consultations to the churches here in town (not that it would be worth anything since I have no accreditation or certification or anything), so a board like that would be a welcome source of knowledge.
flechero wrote:I really like the idea but can also see great value in it being a "non-public" subforum... For specific tactics or other strategy type info I'd vote for keeping it off the main page.
I agree. Keep the tactics to the tacticians and let the enemy figure it out as they go.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Topic author
troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

bblhd672 wrote:Here's a strange suggestion - why doesn't someone send a private message to the gentleman who owns this forum and ask him?
Since this sub-forum is titled “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions” I felt my suggestion/question was appropriate. I also felt that discussion would prevent me from bothering the good Mr. Cotton unnecessarily if the idea was not well received.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

flechero wrote:I really like the idea but can also see great value in it being a "non-public" subforum... For specific tactics or other strategy type info I'd vote for keeping it off the main page.
:iagree:
NRA Life Member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The Moderators are evaluating this request and I'll post the decision. I think a sub-forum on this topic has merit, but our general policy is to avoid adding new sub-forums because it tends to bloat the Forum. We had to combine several a number of years back.

Chas.

Topic author
troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

If it can’t happen I bet we’ll still get along fine. Thanks for the consideration and, as always, thanks for such a great forum.
Talon Firearms Training

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”