New Forum Features

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Forum Features

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

How do I turn off the blinking red number between "Notifications" and "Private Messages". Mine was blinking 330, then 325, now it's 320. I tried marking everything as read, yet it is still blinking? I'm not sure if this is referencing a number of notifications or a number of private messages. But it definitely is distracting.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:14 pm Also, the “Forum Rules” link is a dead link.
I'm working on the dead link to pages as well as the "report posts" problem.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:07 am How do I turn off the blinking red number between "Notifications" and "Private Messages". Mine was blinking 330, then 325, now it's 320. I tried marking everything as read, yet it is still blinking? I'm not sure if this is referencing a number of notifications or a number of private messages. But it definitely is distracting.
Click the "mark forums read" then refresh the screen. This clears it for me.

Chas.

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by canvasbck »

I do miss the little asterisk next to the threads I posted in.

Adjusting to the bold red color
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

canvasbck wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:40 am I do miss the little asterisk next to the threads I posted in.

It's still there on mine.

Chas.

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

4copas wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 pm When logging in on IPad I get website not secure. Is this something to be concerned with?
i'm using a Windows 10 PC and was also not getting encryption. I linked to the site using a bookmarked URL with the address of: http://www.texaschlforum.com/.

I edited my saved bookmark to: https://www.texaschlforum.com/ and now i get the encrypted secure page. So the site is not automaticly flipping to https but will give you a secure page if you use https in your link. That may be the issue on your ipad.
Last edited by jerry_r60 on Wed May 30, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

On my Windows pc's and tablet, the TexasCHLForum.com flag shows, on iPad with Safari it doesn't show.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:51 am
canvasbck wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:40 am I do miss the little asterisk next to the threads I posted in.

Chas.
Maybe it's a chrome thing..........that ends my IT troubleshooting ability :biggrinjester:
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

canvasbck wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:21 pm

Chas.
Maybe it's a chrome thing..........that ends my IT troubleshooting ability :biggrinjester:
I don't see it on mine either.
Windows 10 Chrome version 67.xxx
Windows Edge larest updates.
Display 1920 * 1080

It's not really a factor in my navigating the board, but I do kinda miss seeing where I've been obloviating.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Chas.
it's still there on Chrome, it's just very tiny.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 6

Post by warnmar10 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:14 pm Also, the “Forum Rules” link is a dead link.
And there is a test on Friday!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Liberty wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:37 pm

Chas.
I don't see it on mine either.
Windows 10 Chrome version 67.xxx
Windows Edge larest updates.
Display 1920 * 1080

It's not really a factor in my navigating the board, but I do kinda miss seeing where I've been obloviating.
It shows up just fine for me. In the below pic, there are 3 topics I have replied to. Look for the red stars.
Capture.JPG
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

4copas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 4copas »

jerry_r60 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:54 am
4copas wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 pm When logging in on IPad I get website not secure. Is this something to be concerned with?
i'm using a Windows 10 PC and was also not getting encryption. I linked to the site using a bookmarked URL with the address of: http://www.texaschlforum.com/.

I edited my saved bookmark to: https://www.texaschlforum.com/ and now i get the encrypted secure page. So the site is not automaticly flipping to https but will give you a secure page if you use https in your link. That may be the issue on your ipad.
That took care of it. Thanks
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. John Wayne
NRA Life Member :patriot: :txflag:

G26ster
Posts in topic: 3

Post by G26ster »

Chrome on my Android tablet shows the phpBB logo and not the Texas CHL Forum logo at the top of the page.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

1. Active topics section. This may or may not stay.

If this was the little box with the 6 or so last posts I really liked that for what it's worth.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”