Page 2 of 5

Re: New Forum Features

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:05 pm
by C-dub
Don’t look at how long I’ve been here or my post count, but what are breadcrumbs?

Re: New Forum Features

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:08 pm
by rotor
The flyover when mouse is over title and first post last post pops up doesn't seem to work well. Seems like it shows ...... a lot. No big deal, just reporting ? bugs.

Re: New Forum Features

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:17 pm
by The Annoyed Man
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:58 am
I just added an optional style some folks may like. I'm not going to change the default from prosilver permanently, but I have set it to the new style for two or three days so everyone will see it. Each Member can select the style they prefer, but only after I reset the default style. For now, the new style overrides individual member settings.

To change the style:
1. Click the down arrow next to your name.
2. Select User Control Panel.
3 From the tabs across the top, select Board Preferences;
4. From the My board style, select SE Gamer: Light.

Chas.
Using iOS on an iPad Pro, not seeing a “My Board Style” option in the board preferences panel. Also, I’m not seeing a “full width” button anywhere on the page.

Re: New Forum Features

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:53 pm
by warnmar10
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:17 pm
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:58 am
I just added an optional style some folks may like. I'm not going to change the default from prosilver permanently, but I have set it to the new style for two or three days so everyone will see it. Each Member can select the style they prefer, but only after I reset the default style. For now, the new style overrides individual member settings.

To change the style:
1. Click the down arrow next to your name.
2. Select User Control Panel.
3 From the tabs across the top, select Board Preferences;
4. From the My board style, select SE Gamer: Light.

Chas.
Using iOS on an iPad Pro, not seeing a “My Board Style” option in the board preferences panel. Also, I’m not seeing a “full width” button anywhere on the page.
I don't have it in a browser either.

Re: New Forum Features

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:59 pm
by SewTexas
oooo, I haven't been near my computer all day and I get on here and it's all pretty and stuff. Like she's trying on her party dress.

Re: New Forum Features

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:06 pm
by The Annoyed Man
Another thing..... the text for the user profile link is invisible against that background (see attachment).
EB907003-63AE-4488-A2AA-20A64B8B7C7D.jpeg

Re: New Forum Features

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:15 pm
by warnmar10
Breadcrumbs are disabled in SE Gamer template. Not sure if the developer did that on purpose or not but edit template: SE_Gamer/template/overall_header.html
On line 106 delete <!--
On lne 110 delete -->
Breadcrumbs will appear and show the way home.
Never mind all that. I installed a fresh/clean copy of 3.2 and clean copy of SE Gamer and breadcrumbs are as they should be even with those lines commended out.

Re: New Forum Features

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:19 pm
by warnmar10
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 4:06 pm
Another thing..... the text for the user profile link is invisible against that background (see attachment).EB907003-63AE-4488-A2AA-20A64B8B7C7D.jpeg
That's because the style is using the user name colors from the board. So Administrators will see their names in dark red, moderators will see theirs in blue or green. Everyone else is black unless you hover over the name then it turns orange.

Re: New Forum Features

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:58 pm
by skeathley
Mark Forums as Read doesn't stick. Every time I come back, all the titles are glaring red, and I have to reset them.

Re: New Forum Features

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:42 pm
by Pawpaw
skeathley wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 5:58 pm
Mark Forums as Read doesn't stick. Every time I come back, all the titles are glaring red, and I have to reset them.
This has been an issue for me for quite a while. I have to click that link, wait for the pop-up to close, click it again, & wait for that pup-up to clear. Only then will all the threads show clear.

Re: New Forum Features

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:55 pm
by Charles L. Cotton
skeathley wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 5:58 pm
Mark Forums as Read doesn't stick. Every time I come back, all the titles are glaring red, and I have to reset them.
It seemed to be working for me, so I tested it by marking all forums read, logging out, then logging back in. All thread titles were black.

Chas.

Re: New Forum Features

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 pm
by 4copas
When logging in on IPad I get website not secure. Is this something to be concerned with?

Image

Re: New Forum Features

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:35 am
by Charles L. Cotton
4copas wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 pm
When logging in on IPad I get website not secure. Is this something to be concerned with?

Image
I don't know why you are getting that warning. The new SSL has been in place for several days.

Chas.

Re: New Forum Features

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:43 am
by TreyHouston
Just a note:
I only use this forum on iPhone. When i used to turn my phone sideways, the words would be bigger and easier to read. This is not the case now, the letters are the same size.

Re: New Forum Features

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:31 am
by 4copas
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:35 am
4copas wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 pm
When logging in on IPad I get website not secure. Is this something to be concerned with?

Image
I don't know why you are getting that warning. The new SSL has been in place for several days.

Chas.
Thanks Charles, I’m not tech savvy so maybe something on my end. I’m not sure what to do to fix it.
I’ll report back if it stops.