Software update - More information

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Software update - More information

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

As many of you have undoubtedly noticed, the software update has caused quite a number of issues. The most recent was a login problem that prevented many people from logging in. It happened to me using Firefox, but I could log in using Chrome and Internet Explorer. That problem has been resolved.

The page links for the Forum Rules, Copyright Notice and Mission are still broken, although the latter two are still available under the Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions sub-forum and the Copyright Notice is available under the Legal Notice sub-forum.

The Report Post link is still broken and this is probably the most significant problem at this point. The Forum is very good at self-policing and this makes the Moderators' jobs much easier.

I have temporarily disabled all of the extension (features) while trying to fix this problem. I hope to start adding them back a few at a time in the coming days.

Sorry for the problems folks.
Chas.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Software update - More information

Post by bblhd672 »

I had issues logging in this morning using Firefox on Windows and Safari on iPhone and iPad. I was able to log in with Chrome on Windows. At that point I deleted all history, cookies, cached files, etc from Firefox and Safari, then was able to log back in with all devices.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Allons
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Allons »

I had a problem logging in with chrome on my computer and internet explorer on my phone.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Earlier today I couldn't log in with chrome on my tablet.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I've noticed a new, albeit minor issue today.

Previously, before this latest update, if I wasn't logged into the site, it displayed in a relatively narrow strip in the middle of the screen with a lot of wasted white space on both sides. Once I logged in, the site would fill my screen pretty much from side to side. This behavior continued until today.

Now, I have those "white space" bands on both sides, regardless of whether I'm logged in or not.

Windows 10, Chrome, & a 1600 x 900 laptop display.

Edit: I'm seeing the same behavior with IE.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Allons

Post by Allons »

I use to have new post above the administrative section but now that is gone. I have to look in quick links now to see a new post. Is this a part of the software problem?
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

flechero

Post by flechero »

It's been smooth sailing for me on all devices, since it came on line.

A huge thank you, Charles, for your tireless effort, I know it;s been a bear!!! :tiphat:

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

It seems like it defaulted to an old version of software. I can no longer see the most recent posts section on top anymore.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

I cannot figure out how to create a new post using my iPad.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Whoever switched the bright red bold back to bold blue for the unread thread titles... THANK YOU!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Allons wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:02 pm I use to have new post above the administrative section but now that is gone. I have to look in quick links now to see a new post. Is this a part of the software problem?
Ditto

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Pawpaw wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:43 pm I've noticed a new, albeit minor issue today.

Previously, before this latest update, if I wasn't logged into the site, it displayed in a relatively narrow strip in the middle of the screen with a lot of wasted white space on both sides. Once I logged in, the site would fill my screen pretty much from side to side. This behavior continued until today.

Now, I have those "white space" bands on both sides, regardless of whether I'm logged in or not.

Windows 10, Chrome, & a 1600 x 900 laptop display.

Edit: I'm seeing the same behavior with IE.
Clear your browser cache for this site, and you should see the old style.......at least, that’s what worked for me (iOS Safari on iPad Pro).
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

flowrie wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:46 am I cannot figure out how to create a new post using my iPad.
I’m posting this from an iPad Pro, using Safari. There are at least 4 ways I can find to create a post.....

1. Use the “New Topic” button at the top of a forum topic page.

2. Use the “Post Reply” button at the top of a thread topic.

3. Use the “Quote” button at the top right of any post to which you would like to reply directly (like I did here).

4. Use the “Quick Reply” field at the bottom of any thread (I have noticed inthe past that this feature isn’t enabled for all forum topics).

The software wouldn’t let me include more than one attachement in this reply, so the next 4 posts have images of what I’ve listed above - all images made using my iPad.
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Use the “Now Topic” button at the top of a forum topic.
Use the “Now Topic” button at the top of a forum topic.
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Use the “Post Reply” button at the top of a thread topic
Use the “Post Reply” button at the top of a thread topic
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”