Forum slow to respond in the AM

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Forum slow to respond in the AM

Post by mojo84 »

Am I the only one experiencing an extremely slow forum response in the mornings? The last several mornings the forum is so slow to respond it usually times out. As the morning goes on it gets better. Is something going on or is the forum like me and just needs a substantial amount of coffee and time to get going?

I suspect it is getting hammered by bots. :mad5
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Forum slow to respond in the AM

Post by carlson1 »

I am having the same trouble. I have been trying to get on since about 6:00AM and this is the first time I was able to log on and it 9:50AM.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

RoadRunnerTR21 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:02 am For the last 3 days I have not been able to get into the forum in the morning. When I finally do get in, I have to login again even though I tell it to remember me.
Same here.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

txhighlander
Posts in topic: 2

Post by txhighlander »

mojo84 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:16 am
RoadRunnerTR21 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:02 am For the last 3 days I have not been able to get into the forum in the morning. When I finally do get in, I have to login again even though I tell it to remember me.
Same here.
Same here, I have had to log on every morning this week so far for some reason.
Truth against the world

DocV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DocV »

The forum is indeed boggy and forced me to log in again. The front page says 12 registered users and 130 guests giving credence to mojo84's observations about bots. Had not the forum had peformance issues over the last three days, I would venture some mining or other "activity" related to the recent insanity in NZ.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I was getting error codes that the website was unavailable. The last time before just now getting on was about 10:45-11:00AM. Seems to be happening more often. Just glad it's back up.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

Last week I was unable to access over several hours. Was receiving a MySQL error about too many connections. I looked up the errors and found that some causes are DoS (denial of service) attacks on the website or the number of MySQL connections available to the server are hitting a max threshold. If this is a shared server (with other websites not in Mr. Cotton's control), other sites on the same server could also affect the connections available.

The hosting provider might need to review the configuration to see if something can be modified.
NRA Life Member

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

I've been seeing the same issues. This morning I couldn't bring up the login page at all.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

puma guy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:40 am I was getting error codes that the website was unavailable. The last time before just now getting on was about 10:45-11:00AM. Seems to be happening more often. Just glad it's back up.
This was me also! Website Unavailable!

CyberAttack???
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It's a cyber war!!!!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

The Russians?

Or the dnc?

Coordinated effort?

I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

flechero

Post by flechero »

In other news... TXCHLFORUM members were way more productive at work- in the mornings this week! :lol:

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I found the same issues.

However on Facebook last week I thought I had been kicked off for my progun posts.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”