Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1


Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 4358
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:16 am
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

#1

Post by surprise_i'm_armed » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:47 pm

I can't get link to work right now.

Just Google it for details.

4 pistols, 4 shotguns, 10 rifles.

The whole lot for $7500. If no one steps up they will sell singly.

SIA
I can't think in terms of journalism without thinking in terms of political ends.
Unless there's been a reaction, there's been no journalism.
It's cause and effect.

Hunter S. Thompson, gonzo journalist, 1937-2005.

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 7355
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

#2

Post by ELB » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:04 pm

USAF 1982-2005
____________
“The only thing more enjoyable than seeing your opponent lose an election they rigged is seeing them lose an investigation they rigged.” Author unknown but dead on the mark.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 8710
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

#3

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:39 pm

They all appear to be cheaper guns. Based on an average selling price of 425 per gun the price is already close to being at the mark. I am looking forward to seeing what they go for.

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 6260
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

#4

Post by puma guy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:09 pm

I never knew your personal property could be seized for unpaid property taxes. :shock: Not only do we lose our homes for unpaid rent to the politicians we now have to give up our guns. As my friend says the government is now king!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!


cirus
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

#5

Post by cirus » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:24 pm

puma guy wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:09 pm
I never knew your personal property could be seized for unpaid property taxes. :shock: Not only do we lose our homes for unpaid rent to the politicians we now have to give up our guns. As my friend says the government is now king!
Smells like tyranny. They can't seize what they can't find.


TexasSully
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

#6

Post by TexasSully » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:14 pm

I wonder if it was unpaid taxes from a Gun Shop or Pawnshop.
cirus wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:24 pm
puma guy wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:09 pm
I never knew your personal property could be seized for unpaid property taxes. :shock: Not only do we lose our homes for unpaid rent to the politicians we now have to give up our guns. As my friend says the government is now king!
Smells like tyranny. They can't seize what they can't find.


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1319
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

#7

Post by jason812 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:21 pm

puma guy wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:09 pm
I never knew your personal property could be seized for unpaid property taxes. :shock: Not only do we lose our homes for unpaid rent to the politicians we now have to give up our guns. As my friend says the government is now king!
If the guns were in a house that was seized, they could be auctioning all the contents.

I won't say anything else about property taxes because I have nothing nice to say.

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 6260
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

#8

Post by puma guy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:55 pm

TexasSully wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:14 pm
I wonder if it was unpaid taxes from a Gun Shop or Pawnshop.
cirus wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:24 pm
puma guy wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:09 pm
I never knew your personal property could be seized for unpaid property taxes. :shock: Not only do we lose our homes for unpaid rent to the politicians we now have to give up our guns. As my friend says the government is now king!
Smells like tyranny. They can't seize what they can't find.
It said property taxes. Unpaid taxes on inventory, equipment and such from a business would be ad valorem taxes would it not? Of course with a semi- illiterate generation writing articles passing for journalists who knows what the real story is.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

#9

Post by philip964 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:58 pm

jason812 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:21 pm
puma guy wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:09 pm
I never knew your personal property could be seized for unpaid property taxes. :shock: Not only do we lose our homes for unpaid rent to the politicians we now have to give up our guns. As my friend says the government is now king!
If the guns were in a house that was seized, they could be auctioning all the contents.

I won't say anything else about property taxes because I have nothing nice to say.
Hmmmm, no I can’t say anything nice either.

Ok it’s worse in CA and New York, but that doesn’t help me feel better.


Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 4358
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:16 am
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

#10

Post by surprise_i'm_armed » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:55 pm

This coming Thursday, strogg and I are going to travel ~ 57 miles from my place to this Kaufman auction. I will call Kaufman County Monday and see if we can get there 1 hour early, at 400 PM, in order to eyeball the offerings. The auction will be 500-600 PM, which will enable many possible bidders to get out of work before attending.

It should be an interesting little trip. It seems like the auction could go 1 of 2 ways:
1. The advertising of this event won't have reached many people, not many will attend, and bargains may be had.
2. It WILL attract many people, possibly even some collector/dealer willing to plunk down $7500 cash for the entire lot, and everyone else will go home empty-handed.

After we attend this auction, I will update this thread with what happened. Film at 11. :-)

SIA
I can't think in terms of journalism without thinking in terms of political ends.
Unless there's been a reaction, there's been no journalism.
It's cause and effect.

Hunter S. Thompson, gonzo journalist, 1937-2005.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 8710
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

#11

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:12 pm

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:55 pm
This coming Thursday, strogg and I are going to travel ~ 57 miles from my place to this Kaufman auction. I will call Kaufman County Monday and see if we can get there 1 hour early, at 400 PM, in order to eyeball the offerings. The auction will be 500-600 PM, which will enable many possible bidders to get out of work before attending.

It should be an interesting little trip. It seems like the auction could go 1 of 2 ways:
1. The advertising of this event won't have reached many people, not many will attend, and bargains may be had.
2. It WILL attract many people, possibly even some collector/dealer willing to plunk down $7500 cash for the entire lot, and everyone else will go home empty-handed.

After we attend this auction, I will update this thread with what happened. Film at 11. :-)

SIA
I will be real interested to see what happens. Looking at the list all I saw was a long list of inexpensive firearms. The Winchester Model 94 got my attention but it looks to be nothing special from the picture. I can't picture any real collector wanting a bunch of Japanese made Remington and some Rugers. Personally I would call that more of an accumulation than a collection.


Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 4358
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:16 am
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

#12

Post by surprise_i'm_armed » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:46 pm

Today I spoke with a deputy at KCSO.

The firearm auction is to be held in a court room that is used for family issues. If those proceedings are done early enough, the firearms should be displayed about 400 PM, one hour before the start of the auction at 500 PM. YMMV.

The guns should be displayed for inspection, but handling them will not be allowed.

This is KCSO's first firearm auction and they have no idea of the size of the crowd.

Since it's a courthouse, all attendees will need to leave firearms and ammo in their vehicles.

SIA
I can't think in terms of journalism without thinking in terms of political ends.
Unless there's been a reaction, there's been no journalism.
It's cause and effect.

Hunter S. Thompson, gonzo journalist, 1937-2005.


LDP
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:15 pm

Re: Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

#13

Post by LDP » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:25 pm

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:46 pm
The firearm auction ... Since it's a courthouse, all attendees will need to leave firearms and ammo in their vehicles.
Does anyone else grin at the irony here? LOL


Seanzky
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:17 pm
Location: Frisco, TX

Re: Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

#14

Post by Seanzky » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:14 pm

LDP wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:25 pm
surprise_i'm_armed wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:46 pm
The firearm auction ... Since it's a courthouse, all attendees will need to leave firearms and ammo in their vehicles.
Does anyone else grin at the irony here? LOL
This is a prime example of the government getting in its own way again. LOL.
--Sean

User avatar

AdioSS
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:02 am
Location: 75707

Re: Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

#15

Post by AdioSS » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:40 am

So, how’d it go?

Locked

Return to “Closed Items”