FS - Arsenal SLR-106F (5.56 AK) - Houston

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
denwego
Posts in topic: 3

FS - Arsenal SLR-106F (5.56 AK) - Houston

Post by denwego »

For sale - Arsenal SLR-106F (5.56 AK)

Two years ago I really wanted an AK-74 chambered in 5.56, and grabbed an Arsenal SLR-106F... and then promptly was completely sidetracked by how easy eforms are on the ATF nowadays and have gone whole-hog into AR-style rifles instead to SBR and customize. Went to the range twice with this SLR, put 180 rounds through it exactly, and I think it's time to admit I just like ARs better and it's time to let this boy go. Arsenal discontinued their whole 5.56 AK line a few years ago, so they're hard to find nowadays - if you've been hoping to get one (or a high-end AK variant in general) it's a whole lot of fun! The old Arsenal listing is still online: https://www.arsenalinc.com/usa/slr-106f ... rifle.html

The 106F model in particular is the one with the 16" barrel, folding stock, and NO side rail for AK mounts. High end details:

- Fully-chrome lined chamber/barrel/muzzle break and gas piston
- Baked-on enamel finish including the inside of the receiver (NOT just paint like most AKs)
- 2-stage Arsenal trigger, 7.5lbs
- Spring loaded firing pin
- Fitted mag well with no wobble
- Matching serial numbers on the original Bulgarian parts (built from a rifle, not a random parts kit, so the fit is outstanding)
- 922(r) parts are all made by Arsenal to Russian AK74 measurements, no crappy Tapco parts, etc.

I bought it new in box, although the box is long gone. Includes four 20-round Circle-10 mags, the gen-2 clear style with reinforced steel inserts in the mag body... I never got around to buying any 30-round mags; if you know about AK's you know that high-quality 556 mags ain't falling out of the sky, but Circle-10 ones are the best.

Price - $900 FIRM, face-to-face in Houston to a CHL holder. I'm not in any rush to sell and I know what a SLR-106F is worth, so I don't feel like haggling.

Pictures:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: FS - Arsenal SLR-106F (5.56 AK) - Houston

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Just out of curiosity, how is the accuracy compared to 5.45x39 versions of the gun, and how does it compare to an AR in 5.56x45 NATO?

I only have one AK, a WASR 10-63, and it’s not as accurate as any of my ARs, but to be fair, it’s also the only 7.62x39 gun I own....so not a true comparison.

BTW, if I were made of money...which I’m not right now....I’d probably buy this. I’ve always wondered what an AK in 5.56 would be like. I hope it goes to a new home.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
denwego

Post by denwego »

It's in the normal AK range of around 2 MOA for accuracy, comparable to 5.45 and a bit better than 7.62... not as much barrel flexing and slamming the receiver with the light recoil impulse. Before I bought this 106, I wanted a 5.45 AK74 clone instead, and then the ammo market dried up for it. It's super convenient to have just the one, cheap, available American round in my gun closet, and it cuts down a lot on mixing up ammo boxes on range day.

I've always just had irons on it, and AK irons are AK irons - it shoots more accurately than any human could hope to with that tiny rear sight. I wouldn't expect my own eyesight to do better than that on one of my ARs with irons.

The more I think about AK reliability, the more I'm tempted to kind of unlist this and keep it for the apocalypse, but I'll keep going for the time being :razz:

Topic author
denwego

Post by denwego »

Bump!

erick619
Posts in topic: 1

Post by erick619 »

If you still have this available, I'll take it!
I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

(J.R.R.Tolkien [Faramir], The Two Towers)

Return to “Closed Items”