Want to buy Snake Charmer .410

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
1wise1
Posts in topic: 2

Want to buy Snake Charmer .410

Post by 1wise1 »

I would prefer an original Rossi, but will entertain a plastic stocked one. I expect some pickup truck floorboard rash from under the seat, that's where it will be going as soon as I get it. You ship to my FFL in Dallas, as soon as he says it is a shooter, I wire you the cash (or pay you using Zelle which ever you want. If you've been toating it in a scabbard .. I'll take that too, and I will pay the shipping. PM me.. I'll get back to you in 24 hours.

Oh, if you are that Nurse from North Carolina working in New York City because of Covid, no, I still will not send you the money before you ship the gun to the FFL. Only scams work that way.
Certified Glock Armorer
Combine ignorance, arrogance and low altitude, and the result is guaranteed to be spectacular.

Malawler
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Want to buy Snake Charmer .410

Post by Malawler »

Hahaha. I know a lady who has one of those. She ain't selling; I've tried!

Topic author
1wise1

Post by 1wise1 »

Yeah, I've heard a bit of that. What is want is the model with the cutout pistol grip (with a bird's head stock) and cut down to 16 or 18 inch barrel.. whichever it is. That makes it legal and a little joy to shoot. Way back.... way way back when I was younger, a lot of guys had these as truck guns, which were a necessity if you ever walked a field full of horses or cattle ... Copperheads would curl up around a cow pattie and surprise you in a most unpleasant way.
I have a 12 ga. pump model but the damn thing weighs too much to comfortably carry on your shoulder when out walking. I've found a couple of plain vanilla models but nothing like what I would like to have.
Did Rossi or anybody else ever make one with a magazine or tube? If I was making one today, that's what I would make.
Certified Glock Armorer
Combine ignorance, arrogance and low altitude, and the result is guaranteed to be spectacular.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

1wise1 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:16 am Yeah, I've heard a bit of that. What is want is the model with the cutout pistol grip (with a bird's head stock) and cut down to 16 or 18 inch barrel.. whichever it is. That makes it legal and a little joy to shoot. Way back.... way way back when I was younger, a lot of guys had these as truck guns, which were a necessity if you ever walked a field full of horses or cattle ... Copperheads would curl up around a cow pattie and surprise you in a most unpleasant way.
I have a 12 ga. pump model but the damn thing weighs too much to comfortably carry on your shoulder when out walking. I've found a couple of plain vanilla models but nothing like what I would like to have.
Did Rossi or anybody else ever make one with a magazine or tube? If I was making one today, that's what I would make.
Have you considered the Mossberg .410 Shockwave pump?
https://www.mossberg.com/product/590-sh ... -410-bore/
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

puma guy wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:12 am
1wise1 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:16 am Yeah, I've heard a bit of that. What is want is the model with the cutout pistol grip (with a bird's head stock) and cut down to 16 or 18 inch barrel.. whichever it is. That makes it legal and a little joy to shoot. Way back.... way way back when I was younger, a lot of guys had these as truck guns, which were a necessity if you ever walked a field full of horses or cattle ... Copperheads would curl up around a cow pattie and surprise you in a most unpleasant way.
Have you considered the Mossberg .410 Shockwave pump?
https://www.mossberg.com/product/590-sh ... -410-bore/
This, or if you like a lever action Henry makes this neat 410 package.

https://www.henryusa.com/firearms/lever-action-axe-410/
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Hey,, expand your horizons a bit... Grab a Taurus Judge 6 inch.... Fun for the whole family.... 410 / 45LC

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:44 am Hey,, expand your horizons a bit... Grab a Taurus Judge 6 inch.... Fun for the whole family.... 410 / 45LC
"rlol" I love it.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Jusme wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:29 am This, or if you like a lever action Henry makes this neat 410 package.
https://www.henryusa.com/firearms/lever-action-axe-410/
First time I've seen the Henry, now I want one LOL
is it an AOW or what's the deal on Texas legality. I'm wanting one now that you introduced me to it
, but ...what is it?
With a barrel length of just under 16” and an overall length of just over 26”
Per the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosive’s Gun Control Act of 1968, the H018AH-410 Lever Action Axe .410 is classified as a non-Class 3/NFA “firearm.” Please consult local/state laws that may prohibit the sale of this gun in your state despite its federal classification.
penal code chapter 46. weapons - Texas Statutes
statutes.capitol.texas.gov › Docs › htm › PE.46.htm

(10) "Short-barrel firearm" means a rifle with a barrel length of less than 16 inches or a shotgun with a barrel length of less than 18 inches, or any weapon made ..

Is there no $200 tax you have to pay or the BATF will shoot your dog & family type deal?

But even if it's not a BATFE deal ... isn't it still illegal in Texas?

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Since Texas passed the law, making any firearm, not deemed illegal, by the ATF. ( in response to the Shockwave) The Henry lever action would also be legal in Texas.
Henry avoided the SBR regulation on its Mare’s Leg, by selling it as a pistol.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

airbornecpa

Post by airbornecpa »

The original Snake Charmer was made by H Koon of Dallas and had a plastic stock. I bought one of the originals new 40 years ago, serial number <1000.

[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_Charmer_(shotgun)]

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=h+koon+snake+ ... mer_ad.jpg
Attachments
Snake_charmer_ad.jpg

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Jusme wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:31 am Since Texas passed the law, making any firearm, not deemed illegal, by the ATF. ( in response to the Shockwave) The Henry lever action would also be legal in Texas.
Henry avoided the SBR regulation on its Mare’s Leg, by selling it as a pistol.
So, as a "pistol" Would it be a "handgun" ? Would one need a LTC to carry in a "wanted Dead or Alive" Steve McQueen type holster?
Would it be prohibited by a 30.06/30.07? While a concealed Keltec Sub2000 16" carbine with 30 round Glock mag wouldn't require the LTC nor be prohibited by the 30.06 since it isn't a handgun?
It's a really interesting gun, thanks for bringing it to my attention, Now I want one but so many questions

Confused but intrigued

dlh

Post by dlh »

I fired a snake charmer years back and was not at all impressed because of the horrendously heavy trigger pull on it. Maybe it was just that gun--don't know.

I would recommend a single shot Harrington Richardson "Topper" shotgun--i have two of those--one in .410 and the other in 12 gauge. They are very reliable and fun to shoot. Not sure of current prices but I picked them up years back at local pawnshops for about 90 bucks apiece.

I also have a Taurus Judge long gun that has a five shot revolver action to it and it shoots both .410 and .45 colt rounds. It is short and reliable but costs more than those Topper shotguns. It has dispatched many rattlesnakes.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

My wife keeps a H&R Tamer .410 handy. Sweet shooting little gun. She has killed several cotton mouths with it. But it's not for sale.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Diz

Post by Diz »

I carry a Judge .410 in the glove box.
1 of 7 this year.
Attachments
E39FE575-1ECE-490A-A158-0321103DC546.jpeg

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Diz wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:04 pm I carry a Judge .410 in the glove box.
1 of 7 this year.
Good lord that is a big snake.

Return to “Closed Items”