Full size 9mm pistol for small hands

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

comp73
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Full size 9mm pistol for small hands

Post by comp73 »

Another option to consider is the HK USP, P2000 or P30. CDNNSports has them on sale right now for a pretty good deal. The barrels are a little shorter than 4", but I'm not sure what that extra .15" will give you. I have a USP compact stainless in .40 and my only regret is that I did not get it in 9mm so I would shoot it more.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. -Thomas Jefferson

sawdust
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Full size 9mm pistol for small hands

Post by sawdust »

I'm still a fan of the Bersa Thunder UC in 9mm. I do not have overly large hands, but it fits me well. Also, it is capable of an accuracy greater than my typical capabilities. With many 100's of rounds through it (including a 600-round, 2-day session), I have had no FTF's or FTE's with either range ammo or SD ammo.

Here are the features/attributes that I like:
Capacity @ 13+1
DA/SA with hammer
Ambidextrous controls (I am a natural leftie, but can shoot either way)
Decocker/Safety
When on SAFE, the trigger is disconnected and a cam blocks the hammer from the firing pin
Easy and natural motion to swipe safety lever down into firing position
Relatively crisp trigger pull in SA mode
Easy-to-engage slide lock
Energetic magazine drop
Very easy to take down for cleaning
Very nicely sized for concealed carry
Very reasonably priced

One nice feature, not necessarily exclusive to this brand or model, is that when inserting a magazine, if the slide is locked back, a slightly vigorous slapping-in of the mag will cause the slide to rack closed and into battery. I consider this to be a tactical advantage in some instances.

I have done brief range tests of a few other brands, but nothing has yet shown me enough to make me want to change.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”