Discount on Glock pistols

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Discount on Glock pistols

Post by srothstein »

I was shopping (drooling over some pistols) at GT Distributors the other day. While there, I noticed a sign that may help some of us if you are looking for a new pistols and like (or at least don't mind) Glocks.

According to GT, Glock is now selling any one pistol to any veteran with an honorable discharge at police (what they call blue label) prices The sign says it is limited to one pistol per person and the sale is going on through September.

I cannot verify this is true other than asking about it and being told yes. If you are in the market for a new Glock, a DD214 might save you a decent amount (about 100 dollars last time I checked). While I have always gotten great service at GT's, if you are not near their store, the savings would probably not justify driving to it. But this is supposed to be a Glock sale, so check if there is a Glock law enforcement dealer in your area and you should be able to get it also.

I hope this helps some of you.
Steve Rothstein

MJR

Re: Discount on Glock pistols

Post by MJR »

It works. Just bought a Glock 43 on it. Also if you want more Glocks just go to a different gun store that has the program. Only one sale per store.

ELB

Post by ELB »

The blue label price is indeed a significant savings, about $100 as noted above. They have allowed military retirees to buy under that program for quite some time -- adding all veterans with DD214 is new. I would jump on it if you think you at all want a Glock.
USAF 1982-2005

Allons

Post by Allons »

Why can't it be CZ's :evil2:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

1911 Raptor wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:04 am I just can’t get past the Glock looks or ergonomics.
:iagree:
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Welcome to the dark side, we have cookies. :biggrinjester:

Have any plans for an optic for it?
Psalm 91:2

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

1911 Raptor wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:17 am As much as I hate to say it, hello dark side. Just decided that the discount was to good to pass up on a Glock 40 MOS (10MM). I had gotten rid of a 10MM and wanted to get back in the game. This will be used strictly as a range and backup for hunting. My wife checked me as well as my best friend for a fever. Called GT told them what I wanted and they put it on hold at Dallas location. Even though I had veteran on both DL and LTC Glock requires proof by DD214 as your discharge must be an honorable. They told me on the phone I would need a copy of my DD214. All in all a great transaction at GT Distributirs. I can’t believe I own a Glock. I did install a back strap with a beaver tail which reminds me of my 1911’s. The trigger is awful but then it’s not a 1911. I got it all cleaned up and ready for a range trip. I am pleased as if I drop it on a hunting trip or whatever it won’t bother me to much.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, say what you want/need to. Everyone knows that 1911 guys talk the game but when they actually try Glock they....... Like Arnold says "Once you shoot Glock, You'll be bock". :biggrinjester:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

I've been told that Gibson's on S. Main St. in Weatherford participates in the Glock law enforcement discount program.

I haven't verified it myself - I'm not in the market for any new Glocks.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”