Experience on the EAA Corp Sarsilmaz B6C Compact anyone?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
joe817
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Experience on the EAA Corp Sarsilmaz B6C Compact anyone?

Post by joe817 »

Jusme wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:22 pm I have fired both the B6 and the B6C and they are great shooters With their lower barrel configuration, they have almost no felt recoil. I think they did a great job on making a CZ clone.

When I was working for the gun store we got in an order, and we took them to the range to test them. We gave them just a cursory cleaning, and fired several different types/brands of ammo, with no issues. No FTF, FTE, light strikes, etc. The only concern, for me, is that they are a SA/DA , but have no decocker. If you don't want to carry them cocked, and locked, you have to pull the trigger while lowering the hammer, on a live round. They have a hammer block safety, but it is deactivated, when the trigger is pulled. Just made me a little nervous.JMHO
Thanks for the input Jusme. I appreciate that. I'm no stranger to the SA/DA features, as I've owned 7 or 8 pistols that offered that feature, and for me, for better or worse, that is my preferred platform. The lack of a decocker will be strongly looked at, as that is a concern to me as well. I do like the idea of the cocked an locked feature it has. IMO, that is a necessary feature in that kind of platform. I do like the half cocked feature the claim to have. Something more to look at. Without ever handling the pistol, I can only say that, so far, it fits my needs very well. But the deciding factor will be the actual handling of the pistol. :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

joe817 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:57 pm
Jusme wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:22 pm I have fired both the B6 and the B6C and they are great shooters With their lower barrel configuration, they have almost no felt recoil. I think they did a great job on making a CZ clone.

When I was working for the gun store we got in an order, and we took them to the range to test them. We gave them just a cursory cleaning, and fired several different types/brands of ammo, with no issues. No FTF, FTE, light strikes, etc. The only concern, for me, is that they are a SA/DA , but have no decocker. If you don't want to carry them cocked, and locked, you have to pull the trigger while lowering the hammer, on a live round. They have a hammer block safety, but it is deactivated, when the trigger is pulled. Just made me a little nervous.JMHO
Thanks for the input Jusme. I appreciate that. I'm no stranger to the SA/DA features, as I've owned 7 or 8 pistols that offered that feature, and for me, for better or worse, that is my preferred platform. The lack of a decocker will be strongly looked at, as that is a concern to me as well. I do like the idea of the cocked an locked feature it has. IMO, that is a necessary feature in that kind of platform. I do like the half cocked feature the claim to have. Something more to look at. Without ever handling the pistol, I can only say that, so far, it fits my needs very well. But the deciding factor will be the actual handling of the pistol. :tiphat:

Jusme Jr. recently got a CZ 75BD Omega, that has a decocker, it is also convertible if you want to change to the regular safety. I really like that gun. It is a little pricier than the SAR, and has an all steel frame making it a little heavier. But right out of the box it is accurate, and smooth.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oljames3 »

flechero wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:22 pm
joe817 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:27 pm I think I'm in the market for a new pistol....
...said every single member! :lol:
Nope, I am not 'in the market' for a new pistol unless I need to replace my primary or backup EDC because it is broken, unavailable, or unsuitable. Your mileage will vary.

I replaced my Tanfoglio BTA90 (Italian CZ75 clone) with an S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch. The Sarsilmaz B6C has some of the same features/issues that caused me to choose the M&P over the BTA90. Obviously, choosing a pistol on which one will depend for self defense is a highly subjective and personal choice. I found the slide on the BTA90 too difficult to manipulate because it sits inside the frame, which reduces the surface available for grasping the slide. Double action / single action means a different trigger manipulation between first and subsequent shots. I wanted more capacity than 13+1. I could not find a retention holster I liked for the BTA90. Manipulating the external decocker on the BTA90 was difficult for my thumb. I removed the external safety on my M&P.

The B6C does have a polymer frame and is thus significantly lighter than the BTA90.

We each have to do our own due diligence to determine which risks we are willing to manage and which benefits matter most to us. For me, it is an S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch (17+1) in a Safariland 7TS ALS carried openly at 3 o'clock. Your mileage will vary.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I have a pistol manufactured by Sarsilmaz for Academy Sports and Outdoors a few years ago. The Hancer 2000; based on the CZ75 compact. I found it in a pawn shop and the all metal pistol looked to be of good quality and the price was cheap, so I took a chance. It's a joy to shoot and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

When it comes to alot of things in life, I've found that almost all choices will get the job done, and the difference between the moderately priced options and their expensive counterparts is the difference between 95% and 100%. Guns are no exception to this.

My most expensive gun cost me just under $3,000 (a Nighthawk 1911). My least expensive gun cost me $75 (a used Norinco 1911 in 9mm that I gave to my brother and he turned in to a buy-back program - we didn't talk for 6 months after that!!!!!). The point being that every gun I have owned has functioned well. With a few exceptions, they have been reliable. The most notable exception there being an early manufacture date Sig P365 that was hardly inexpensive at $599 if I remember correctly. In all cases, any difference in practical accuracy at typical SD ranges is much more attributable to me than it is to the gun.

Add me to the chorus that says to ignore the gun snobs out there. Do your research and get the gun(s) that fit you best. Not only your specific needs, but also your budget, etc. Whatever you get, make sure that you practice with it until the manual of arms is second nature and you are confident that it will get the job done.

By the way, my favorite gun purchase is the used CZ 75 compact that cost me under $300 including the new springs and guide rod that I installed. That gun sits in my truck 24/7 with my knowledge that it will work fine for me if needed, and won't be as big of a financial loss as my other guns if someone happens to break-in and steal it.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”