Kimber Crimson Micro .380

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
DEB
Posts in topic: 3

Kimber Crimson Micro .380

Post by DEB »

I have a Kimber Micro .380 and have right at 300 rounds through it. Lately it has had a failure to feed several times per magazine. My Neighbor also purchased one about the same time and he has the same problems. I have cleaned both the magazines and the weapon. I have even used Slick 40, to really smooth the movement. Works for a time, then begins the FTF again. I have read the internet and it seems that this is an issue throughout. Has anyone here had the same problems and was able to work it out? I really like my Kimber, excellent accuracy and with the laser, absolutely great for a Church gun. My neighbor has sent his back twice to Kimber, without a good fix and again reading the internet it doesn't appear Kimber is to excited to correct this issue. So, what do you all think? Perhaps try to smooth out the feed ramp? The barrel? I dunno, would like to keep the little guy. So, going to my Brothers and Sisters to get their take. Thanks...
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kimber Crimson Micro .380

Post by oljames3 »

Thanks for your service, DEB. To be clear, do you experience a failure to feed with each magazine you own? I found a thread on a Kimber forum that might help.

https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/kimbe ... ues-4.html

You mention a "church gun." Are you involved in your church's safety program or is this just a personal use? What are the distances at which you might engage an attacker in your church?

I hope you can get this issue resolved without having to buy a different pistol.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
DEB

Post by DEB »

oljames3 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:03 pm Thanks for your service, DEB. To be clear, do you experience a failure to feed with each magazine you own? I found a thread on a Kimber forum that might help.

https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/kimbe ... ues-4.html

You mention a "church gun." Are you involved in your church's safety program or is this just a personal use? What are the distances at which you might engage an attacker in your church?

I hope you can get this issue resolved without having to buy a different pistol.
Yes Sir, both magazines. I will run this thread down and see what others have done, really appreciate it. No, I am not and nor does my Church have a security team. I just really dislike being unarmed in a group, especially as I do not have to. I was closely involved in both of the Active Shooter incidents here at Fort Hood and hate going to work there unarmed, so I tend to do all I can to be armed outside. I appreciate the Thanks and back at you, Thanks for your service as well. I was in 1-8 Cav in 1979, so we probably passed each other past the Cattle Guard. Take care.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram

dhoobler
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dhoobler »

I have a Kimber Micro .380. I found that Colt magazines are more reliable than Kimber magazines. The follower in the Kimber magazine tilts. The follower in the Colt magazine does not.

I bought a Colt magazine off of Ebay and tried it. Mine runs flawlessly. Before you give up, try a 6 round Colt magazine. There is a lot of junk out there, such as Promag. Make sure you get the real thing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Colt-OEM-Semi- ... 7058!US!-1
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Topic author
DEB

Post by DEB »

dhoobler wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:28 am I have a Kimber Micro .380. I found that Colt magazines are more reliable than Kimber magazines. The follower in the Kimber magazine tilts. The follower in the Colt magazine does not.

I bought a Colt magazine off of Ebay and tried it. Mine runs flawlessly. Before you give up, try a 6 round Colt magazine. There is a lot of junk out there, such as Promag. Make sure you get the real thing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Colt-OEM-Semi- ... 7058!US!-1
Thanks so much! I have read elsewhere that the magazines are sometimes problematic. I will try the Colt... :txflag:
DEB=Daniel E Bertram

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”