Beretta 92x Compact or Centurion

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Beretta 92x Compact or Centurion

Post by cmgee67 »

I carry appendix so a I can get away with a longer grip. I am trying to transition over to a hammer fired edc gun to minimize the chance of getting :shock:
I’m 100% comfortable carrying my striker fired guns that way because I know they can’t be fired unless the trigger is pulled. I know that one company makes the striker block for glocks that allow you to thumb the back of the slide like a hammer and prevent an accidental discharge by feeling it move if it gets caught on clothing or something else. I wish I would have never gotten rid of my 226 sig. I have also looked at the 229 but good grief I don’t remember them being the prices they are now a few years ago

strogg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by strogg »

I think the sticker shock goes along with most guns nowadays. You are making a good choice with the 92x. I have an M9A3 myself that I carry regularly. It's a great shooter, super reliable, and feels nice in the hand with the vertec grip. My suggestion is to get the G model (decocker only). I typically don't mind 1911 style thumb safeties, but the Beretta safety is not that style. It is weird and awkward. In the event it gets accidentally activated, you'll be fumbling around trying to flip that lever when milliseconds count. Also, some say that it's easy to accidentally activate the safety in the F models by racking the slide back. I fail to see how that's possible unless you're gripping it wrong.

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Scott B. »

SQLGeek wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:42 am
Scott B. wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:30 am Can't help. The 92X Performance is challenging my 'don't buy any more handguns this year' pledge.

Buy whichever one makes you the happiest.
I wish you hadn't told us about that.

Very very nice! And a safety on frame too.

They tout it as a competition gun but it seems that'd work just fine as a defense pistol too.

The question is: Can you actually find one anywhere? Maybe you can as an FFL. :coolgleamA:
Ha! I'm this close >< to putting chalk outlines of guns on the shelves. I did get in a Wilson Combat 92G Centurion Tactical the other day though...
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I poked my head into Academy just now. And they've piled up all the pistol holders into one heap. Looks like a graveyard.

How long did the Wilson Combat last?

You've got me thinking about the 92X Performance as a post-pandemic to myself.
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 8

Post by cmgee67 »

Those Wilson’s are sweet

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

I've got one left :cool:

Only reason it hasn't gone home with me is because I know the 92x Performance exists. If you want to go really nuts, pick one up from Langdon Tactical that's a little magic waved over it.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

Scott B. wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:57 pm I've got one left :cool:

Only reason it hasn't gone home with me is because I know the 92x Performance exists. If you want to go really nuts, pick one up from Langdon Tactical that's a little magic waved over it.

Where is it? I may come get it first thing.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

I have a Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Centurion which is very smooth, with nice tight tolerances, and really fun to shoot. It is also a great looking pistol.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Aw man I forgot about this thread. And now I want a Beretta again. And ammo. :cryin
Psalm 91:2

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”