Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

New RDS for one of my CZs

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'm sold on red dot sights on self-defense handguns. I currently have three DeltaPoint Pros on a Gov't. Model 1911, Springfield Champion (Commander length 1911) and a CZ P-10C. The only reason I bought the P-10C was to have the slide milled for a RDS. Its flat, wide slide was a good platform for milling. Otherwise, I'd never carry a striker-fired pistol. :smilelol5:

For quite some time now, I've wanted a RDS on one of my favorite handguns, a CZ Compact PCR. However, the tapered slide on the all-metal CZ's just don't lend themselves to a RDS, at least in my opinion. Too much of the sight sticks over each slide. That's no longer the case. The new Holosun HS507K X2 is a smaller RDS that will either fit flush on both sides of the slide (after milling), or that will have only .026" overlap on either side. That works just fine!

I've sent an email to Cajun Gun Works asking to be put on the schedule. I'm also going to buy the RDS from them, as their price is within $5 of Optics Planet. They are going to mill the slide for the same price I paid for my P-10C three years ago ($160). They do great work. (I installed their Pro Kit in my PCR.)

Now I can buy more CZs that I've wanted but wouldn't purchase due to the RDS issue.

I can't wait to carry this great pistol again!!!!
Chas.

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New RDS for one of my CZs

Post by Tex1961 »

You just simply cannot go wrong with a CZ. Such fine quality and craftsmanship.

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mrvmax »

I transferred a P10-C the other day (which came with an optics ready slide) and it got my mind going on getting a carry gun with an RDS. I’m trying to fight the urge but I’ll eventually give in. I’ve bought too much this year so it will have to wait a while but it’s next on the list.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Finally picked up a carry gun with RDS, traded for a G19 with Trijicon. I need to get in practice but I forgot what the grip angle is like on Glock, I don't notice it as much with fixed sights but with the RDS it's more pronounced.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

mrvmax wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:06 am Finally picked up a carry gun with RDS, traded for a G19 with Trijicon. I need to get in practice but I forgot what the grip angle is like on Glock, I don't notice it as much with fixed sights but with the RDS it's more pronounced.
I'm slow with Glocks for that reason.

Chas.

bobby
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bobby »

Welcome to the Club. Club RDS...
:txflag:

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:19 am
mrvmax wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:06 am Finally picked up a carry gun with RDS, traded for a G19 with Trijicon. I need to get in practice but I forgot what the grip angle is like on Glock, I don't notice it as much with fixed sights but with the RDS it's more pronounced.

Chas.
Once the panic is over and prices are reasonable I'll pick up a CZ. One of the few brands I've never owned yet.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

bobby wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:24 am Welcome to the Club. Club RDS...
How does that shoot? I had a plain Jane Canik and it was a great pistol for the price. Yours is a it more tricked out than mine was.

bobby
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bobby »

I love how it shoots. It works the trigger is single action with a very clean break. I shaved down the removable back strap. The Talon pro grip tape works excellent. It is now the same size as a Elite Combat. The Holosun HS407K is the perfect size and toughness. The Olight is newest and works great so far. Activation is hit or miss with me, but I’m getting better at it.
:txflag:

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

I have a P10 Optic ready and P10C optic ready sitting in the safe just purchased.. Have not decided on which optics yet... Holson perhaps but DeltaPoint Pro is looking nice to me as well.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

mrvmax wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:42 am
Charles L. Cotton wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:19 am

Chas.
Once the panic is over and prices are reasonable I'll pick up a CZ. One of the few brands I've never owned yet.
Prices are absurd! I paid $450 for my CZ Compact PCR. Now they are going for $700 and more.

Chas.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

:cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I added some Taran Tactical plus 5 base plates to my G19 mags to increase the capacity. I always carry two spare mags with me when I carry, no matter what I am carrying. Now this will give me 56 rounds of ammo on my person. Now I have to take it to the range and make sure the mags function with the new base plates. They worked well on my G43 so I do not expect any issues.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”