Better than a wally walk!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
JustMe
Posts in topic: 2

Better than a wally walk!

Post by JustMe »

I have been carrying regularly since I got my plastic--first just in my purse(YES, a designated carry purse!)-but for about the last 2 weeks I have been trying different positions for on-body in public.

On Thursday I was all over town wearing my glock 26 in a flashbang holster. Went and got a haircut, including laying back in the shampoo chair, groceries-the usual running around--even wally world-never "outed". Then I went by my husbands shop--my husband, son, f-i-l, b-i-l----not a word. Stopped by my son's house and only because of the new baby(who likes to snuggle on my chest) did I mention it to my d-i-l. Later that night, I specifically asked my husband if he could tell that I had been carrying and where when I was at the shop--no. But I didn't tell him where either.

So---on Friday as I was getting ready to leave town for the weekend, I stopped by the shop again carrying. Well, this time my husband thought he would be REALLY smart--when I got there he was going to prove that "he could tell". So when I walked up close to him, he decided to hip check me--only problem was--he checked the wrong hip! Of course then he had to double check my entire waist to find it! Was wearing IWB at about 2:30 with the new Betty holster by the same people who make the flashbang.I had it there because I was going to be driving and that spot works really well for me with a seat belt. Later before I left, my son specifically asked if I was "packin"--and reached up to his chest--my d-i-l had told him about the day before and so he had assumed that was where I had it! He hadn't seen it at all the entire time I was there!

So I figure--if those who know me best and KNOW that I am carry can't tell--then I guess what they say is true--concealed means concealed!!
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Better than a wally walk!

Post by Teamless »

A nice feeling isn't it? knowing you are carrying and knowing even those that know you best cant tell, thus no one else should ever know either!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

discoqueen

Post by discoqueen »

That's great, JustMe! Thanks for posting this! You have totally confirmed my decision to buy not only the Betty, but the Flashbang as well.
Now to go find that money tree..... ;-)
How many tools are in your toolbox?
www.DefensiveMindset.com

rcasady

Post by rcasady »

good deal ! i wondered about the flashbang for my wife . i'll have to let her know !
thanks !

cougartex

Post by cougartex »

:clapping: :clapping:
Cougars are shy, reclusive, and downright mysterious... :txflag:

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

wow. never knew anybody who even thought the flash bang was a good idea never mind use one.... Glad it works for you....... :cheers2:
Salty1

Topic author
JustMe
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JustMe »

Salty1 wrote:wow. never knew anybody who even thought the flash bang was a good idea never mind use one.... Glad it works for you....... :cheers2:

I will admit that I was a doubter. They are always modeled on the young chicky types and wasn't sure how it would work for this grandmother! But for some reason I did order it--and now I'm glad I did
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”