Midway USA Shipping Is Expensive

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jl39775
Posts in topic: 1

Midway USA Shipping Is Expensive

Post by jl39775 »

I just order the Midway Competition Range Bag for $49.99. It a very nice bag but the cheapest shipping was more than $12 (UPS Ground). I still think the total price was a good deal but I guess Amazon Prime has me spoiled. Here's the link to the bag. The video under the picture show what is included. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939259 ... -range-bag
NRA Member
USAF 93-97

baldeagle

Re: Midway USA Shipping Is Expensive

Post by baldeagle »

I just got a bag that was on clearance, a large Bowie knife that was on clearance, two AR-15 mags and a Uplala strip loader, and shipping was $1.56. If you look at the clearance items you might something you can use that's cheap and reduces the shipping costs.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Chris

Post by Chris »

I have found Brownell's is typically a few dollars cheaper in total than Midway.

bagman45
Banned

Post by bagman45 »

I've ordered a BUNCH of stuff from Midway, and have never had a problem with their shipping charges. Wish it was free, but that's not a part of their business model.... ;-)

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

Agree their freight rates are ridiculous. I still buy from them, but it has to be a great deal - I've backed out of more orders than placed due to their excessive freight charges.

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

Shipping on lots of items over the internet is as profitable and the product they sell. My co worker was going to order a fancy box of .380 to do some testing in his new khar but the ammo cost $22 a box and $12.75 to ship ONE box of ammo! Midway makes as much money on the ammo as they do shipping these days. It is sad that you can't get an actual shipping cost.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

xb12s
Posts in topic: 2

Post by xb12s »

On the ammo shipping cost, I found that if I bought 10 boxes of ammo, the shipping cost was still just "$12.75". I think it was slightly higher for my location actually, but the shipping cost didn't change from one box to 20. When you spread that cost out, it does not sound so painful. Also, I get my orders from Midway promptly - in 2 days typically. They have good customer service, but you pay for it I guess.

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

I agree good customer service but you pay for it in shipping charges. Still, better than CTD :shock:

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Not sure if Midway has free/discounted shipping codes...but other websites (non firearms related, ie - cigars) that I order from do. You might try some websearching and see if you can find something. I agree that "shipping" seems to be a profit-center for some of these companies versus what the actual cost for the shipping is. :tiphat:

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

WinoVeritas wrote:Agree their freight rates are ridiculous. I still buy from them, but it has to be a great deal - I've backed out of more orders than placed due to their excessive freight charges.
That makes two of us. A buddy and I were comparing orders one time. It cost him almost $30 for a couple AR bags and a pair of electronic muffs. The exact same order for me cost about $21. He lives in Uptown Dallas, I'm out in the country. It makes no sense. Love their service and selection, but it has to be a big order before I'll place it; even then I'm usually combining a few family/friend's orders into mine as well. Its very obviously a profit center for them.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Choctaw

Post by Choctaw »

Not only is it expensive, but it's a convoluted way to ship.

I ordered 2 1911 mags; they shipped thru UPS to the USPS and then sat for several days at the PO before being delivered.
35 days...mailbox to mailbox

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Choctaw wrote:Not only is it expensive, but it's a convoluted way to ship.

I ordered 2 1911 mags; they shipped thru UPS to the USPS and then sat for several days at the PO before being delivered.
Unfortunately this is a UPS/Fedex thing. For the cheapest rate they farm out the last mile to USPS. I got bit shipping to my in-laws who don't have mailbox at their house (they live just outside a smallish town). Never did find out where that package ended up.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

IChangIT

Post by IChangIT »

I have seen Midway coupon codes in the past. But even better, you can also get a C&R FFL03 and send a copy to them for their dealer prices. I have saved enough money with their DLR prices to more than make up for for cost of the FFL03. It also makes the shipping worth it when you order a few items at a time. And I think it is cheaper than Brownell's most of the time.

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

jmorris wrote:
Choctaw wrote:Not only is it expensive, but it's a convoluted way to ship.

Unfortunately this is a UPS/Fedex thing. For the cheapest rate they farm out the last mile to USPS. I got bit shipping to my in-laws who don't have mailbox at their house (they live just outside a smallish town). Never did find out where that package ended up.
Whenever I mail order my cigars with free shipping this is what I get (the UPS to USPS)...it adds at least a day, sometimes more, to the shipping process. When I pay for shipping it ends up being UPS *all* the way. So, to put it bluntly: Midway is fleecing it's customers on the shipping charges, ie - charging more than the actual shipping cost and then delivering it at the absolute cheapest (and S L O W E S T) method...seems like a smart business strategy...until your customers find out about it. :tiphat:

xb12s

Post by xb12s »

IChangIT wrote:and then delivering it at the absolute cheapest (and S L O W E S T) method...seems like a smart business strategy...until your customers find out about it.
I don't work for Midway. They ship F A S T E R than most other companies. Next day or the day after every time in my experience. That's why I'm still a customer -- you can find deals on shipping, you can spread the cost on multiple things, or you can shop somewhere else if shipping + item cost is more than you can stomach on some items.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”