Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Nice Article Stephen

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Stephen:
I enjoyed your article in American Handgunner about the On Line class. I thought about doing it last year, but I was afraid my calendar would never let me finish!

Regards,
Chas.

Stephen A. Camp

Post by Stephen A. Camp »

Hello. Thank you, sir. I'm glad it was of interest. As a result of the success those two friends had, I built a 6" longslide via a very similar route they took with their Patriot's. It put one deer on the table this year and has been a frequent range gun. Each of the two fellows has built another Patriot (one does have adjustable sights instead of fixed sights) and those guns have also been flawless. We're fixing to do another. This time I'm going with a 5" gun with Bomars as it will not be used for anything other than the range or the field. Right now I'm currently involved in a "street gun" project Teddy Jacobson is doing in which SA Mil-Spec's are being upgraded internally. That gun will be carried for "serious purposes" and probably won't be unloaded except for cleaning.

Best.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I tried to find the information on the "street gun" project, but the only thing I could find on Teddy's web site was the latest update. Unfortunately, it didn't give the full information on the project.

I'd like to build a Commander size 38 Super or possibly a 9X23 for my niece. She'll be 21 this June and she's going to get her CHL. In fact, she's taking the class and filling out the paperwork on Spring Break, and I'll send it in for her on her Birthday.

I need to give you a call and pick your brain re: gun building! I've been using a great pistolsmith to build my gun for years, but I'd like to build one for Amber, just to make it a bit more personal.

Thanks,
Chas.

Stephen A. Camp

Post by Stephen A. Camp »

Hello. Right now the Street Gun Project is only 5" SA .45's. I do think that Mr. Sample is in the process of a .38 Super build, but am not sure. I've not done anything but one 1911 and that be religiously going by instructions; I'm not a 'smith a tall.

Steve

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”