Rangemaster Tactical Conference (Tac-Con) 2022 Registration is Open! Don't Wait Too Long!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
oljames3
Posts in topic: 8

Rangemaster Tactical Conference (Tac-Con) 2022 Registration is Open! Don't Wait Too Long!

Post by oljames3 »

https://taccon.info/register/
The annual Rangemaster Tactical Conference (“Tac-Con”) is the premier self-defense training event in the nation. With over twenty years of history, Tac-Con has continued to grow and improve every year. Nowhere else can you learn from so many nationally-renowned defensive trainers in one place over a single weekend at such an affordable price. With as many as seven separate tracks running simultaneously, all attendees are free to customize their itineraries to fit their own unique needs and interests. To learn more, please check out our FAQ page.
Tac-Con is the premier training event for everyone interested in personal defense. Founded by Tom Givens over two decades ago, Tac-Con brings renowned trainers from across the country together in one place for one weekend. The next conference will be March 25-27, 2022 in Dallas, Texas. We hope to see you there.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

flechero
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Rangemaster Tactical Conference (Tac-Con) 2022 Registration is Open! Don't Wait Too Long!

Post by flechero »

I was just a few days too late to register for this year's event.... so thank you for the advanced notice :tiphat:

I'll be signed up for 2022 this week! (hopefully with a few church shooting buddies

How is the match? I've never "competed" but the stages look like fun from the clips I've seen.
Last edited by flechero on Sat May 01, 2021 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rangemaster Tactical Conference (Tac-Con) 2022 Registration is Open! Don't Wait Too Long!

Post by Paladin »

Good to know. Thanks!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

As of 5/29/2021, TAC-CON 2022 is 2/3 sold out. When it is sold out, there are no more spaces. Do not wait too long.

https://taccon.info/
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

DO NOT HESITATE! BOOK NOW!!

For those who have registered for Rangemaster TAC-CON 2022, the host hotel reservation link is open and working on the TAC-CON 2022 Facebook page.

DO NOT HESITATE! BOOK NOW!!

For those who have not yet registered for TAC-CON 2022, as of May 29 it was 2/3 sold out. DO NOT HESITATE! Tac-Con – Defensive Training for the Real World (https://taccon.info/)

flechero

Post by flechero »

IINAL so I ask you guys... one of my friends noted this from the registration process and cause him to hesitate.

he said: The liability release is standard, but they also expect me to indemnify the club against lawsuits from OTHER people.

I assume since he's not an attorney, he's reading it wrong but any attorney thoughts??

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

flechero wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:29 pm IINAL so I ask you guys... one of my friends noted this from the registration process and cause him to hesitate.

he said: The liability release is standard, but they also expect me to indemnify the club against lawsuits from OTHER people.

I assume since he's not an attorney, he's reading it wrong but any attorney thoughts??
Releasing a party from claims by one's "family, heirs, administrators, executors, or assigns" is standard for most liability waivers. https://blog.waiverforever.com/a-guide- ... %20issues.

If you don't want to go, just don't go.

flechero

Post by flechero »

oljames3 wrote: If you don't want to go, just don't go.
you’re helpful :lol:

If I was worried about it, I wouldn’t go. I’m already signed up, my friend hesitated on it.

I’m out now but think there is a line mentioning other participants. (as opposed to just DPC and RM)

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

flechero wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:19 pm
oljames3 wrote: If you don't want to go, just don't go.
you’re helpful :lol:

If I was worried about it, I wouldn’t go. I’m already signed up, my friend hesitated on it.

I’m out now but think there is a line mentioning other participants. (as opposed to just DPC and RM)
"This waiver also applies to my heirs, assignees, beneficiaries, and any others purporting to raise claims on my behalf or to raise claims otherwise deriving from my involvement with Tac-Con." That's the closest I can find. I do not see anything referring to "other participants."

flechero

Post by flechero »

I only got a text, haven't spoken to him. Paragraph 3 the ID'd parties there is "all other club participants"

I'm guessing that's it, but haven't spoken to him yet.

I think it applies to club staff and volunteers, not shooters but I'm no lawyer. Like I said, he's not a lawyer either so may just mistook the meaning.

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

flechero wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:15 pm I only got a text, haven't spoken to him. Paragraph 3 the ID'd parties there is "all other club participants"

I'm guessing that's it, but haven't spoken to him yet.

I think it applies to club staff and volunteers, not shooters but I'm no lawyer. Like I said, he's not a lawyer either so may just mistook the meaning.
Sorry for not being clear. Here is the text of the waiver.
I, Oscar L James III, hereby release Rangemaster Firearms Training Services (and all affiliated
companies), the Dallas Pistol Club (and all affiliated companies), Tom Givens, Lynn Givens, and all of their
employees, agents, volunteers, RSOs, and affiliates (including all trainers, instructors, and range safety
officers) from any claims, responsibility, or liability for any personal injury (including death), emotional injury,
financial harm, property damage, or loss of any kind arising as a result of any products or services related to
the 2022 Rangemaster Tactical Conference ("Tac-Con"). I willfully assume all risks of attending Tac-Con
and unreservedly hold the above-listed parties completely harmless for any injury or loss I might sustain
over the course of the Tactical Conference weekend.
 Yes, I agree.
I also understand that over the course of this event, I might be photographed or filmed, either by the event
planners or by other attendees. I concede that Tac-Con is a public event, and attending a public event
means I cannot eliminate the possibility of being captured in photographs or videos. I realize those media
could be published on the internet or in print, and I hereby consent to any such publication.
 Yes, I agree.
This waiver also applies to my heirs, assignees, beneficiaries, and any others purporting to raise claims on
my behalf or to raise claims otherwise deriving from my involvement with Tac-Con. This liability waiver also
releases and holds harmless the facility where Tac-Con is being held and all of the facility's employees,
volunteers, affiliates, and agents.
 Yes, I agree.
Simply put, in exchange for the opportunity to attend the Tactical Conference, I, Oscar L James III,
promise not to sue anyone involved with the Conference no matter what happens, and I hereby knowingly
and willingly forfeit my right to do so. I also understand that the purchase price for Tac-Con tickets is nonrefundable, Tac-Con tickets are non-transferable, and my payment is final and irreversible (unless
Rangemaster cancels the event).
 Yes, I agree, I won't sue
As you can see, "participants" is not used. Your friend my have been conflating "all of the facility's employees, volunteers, affiliates, and agents" which refers to those working or acting for the Dallas Pistol Club, not participants attending TAC-CON.

flechero

Post by flechero »

That may be our disconnect... that is the Rangemaster waiver -here is the text from the DPC release/waiver and what I was referring to in paragraph 3 of that document. Apologies for not specifying which waiver I was talking about. I suspect the hang up in in bold:

PARTICIPANT HEREBY FOREVER RELEASES AND DISCHARGES THE CLUB, THE OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS OF THE CLUB, THE RANGE OFFICERS OF THE CLUB, ALL OTHER CLUB PARTICIPANTS, AND ALL ENTITIES RELATED TO THE CLUB (hereinafter identified as the RELEASED PARTIES)

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

flechero wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:39 pm That may be our disconnect... that is the Rangemaster waiver -here is the text from the DPC release/waiver and what I was referring to in paragraph 3 of that document. Apologies for not specifying which waiver I was talking about. I suspect the hang up in in bold:

PARTICIPANT HEREBY FOREVER RELEASES AND DISCHARGES THE CLUB, THE OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS OF THE CLUB, THE RANGE OFFICERS OF THE CLUB, ALL OTHER CLUB PARTICIPANTS, AND ALL ENTITIES RELATED TO THE CLUB (hereinafter identified as the RELEASED PARTIES)
You are correct. There are two waivers. I was working from my printed copies. My mistake was that I had only printed the Rangemaster waiver. The Dallas Pistol Club waiver is different, as you quoted. Obviously, as I have signed both waivers, I do not find them to be onerous. Works for me. The Dallas Pistol Club waiver is their own and is the one DPC uses for anyone using the DPC facility. Life in our litigious society.

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Rangemaster Tactical Conference (Tac-Con) 2022 has sold out. Now is the time to start saving up for 2023.

There is a waiting list for Tac-Con 2022. https://taccon.info/register/

flechero

Post by flechero »

oljames3 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:24 pm Rangemaster Tactical Conference (Tac-Con) 2022 has sold out.
Well, that takes care of the issue my friend had, and he can research the legal lingo for 2023! :lol:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”