Any links debunking "blood in the streets" post CC??

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Any links debunking "blood in the streets" post CC??

Post by flechero »

My Dad (who is normally not one to confront anti 2A types) called today and asked for some reputable links to studies or stats that show Constitutional carry won't turn to blood in the streets. Apparently a few people at his Church were spouting off about it and he wants some factual and reputable info to show them.

Seems like I have seen lots of links in the past to FBI or DOJ studies and stats that show either a decrease or no increase in crime and gun related incidents post CC. Anyone able to recall specific ones and provide me a couple links to share?

Thanks!!

RottenApple

Re: Any links debunking "blood in the streets" post CC??

Post by RottenApple »

flechero wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:42 pm My Dad (who is normally not one to confront anti 2A types) called today and asked for some reputable links to studies or stats that show Constitutional carry won't turn to blood in the streets. Apparently a few people at his Church were spouting off about it and he wants some factual and reputable info to show them.

Seems like I have seen lots of links in the past to FBI or DOJ studies and stats that show either a decrease or no increase in crime and gun related incidents post CC. Anyone able to recall specific ones and provide me a couple links to share?

Thanks!!
Here is the only fact he needs: Of the ~13 states that have Permitless (aka Constitutional) Carry, none of them have experienced the "doom and gloom" that opponents predicted.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

RottenApple wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:35 pm
flechero wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:42 pm My Dad (who is normally not one to confront anti 2A types) called today and asked for some reputable links to studies or stats that show Constitutional carry won't turn to blood in the streets. Apparently a few people at his Church were spouting off about it and he wants some factual and reputable info to show them.

Thanks!!
Here is the only fact he needs: Of the ~13 states that have Permitless (aka Constitutional) Carry, none of them have experienced the "doom and gloom" that opponents predicted.
I believe the number is quite a bit more than 13. Texas was advertised as #20.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Dr. John Lott’s research at the Crime Research Prevention Center https://crimeresearch.org/ is the best place I know of to educate yourself and others about the facts.

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Post by philip964 »

It’s the person, not the legality of weapons.

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

Flightmare wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:40 pm

Thanks!!
So you added.... nothing..... to the conversation. Thank you for your [non]-contribution.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

RottenApple wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:13 pm

Thanks!!
So you added.... nothing..... to the conversation. Thank you for your [non]-contribution.
Not at all, he was simply correcting a misstatement. Per USCAA and other sources there are actually 21 (Texas being the 21st).
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resour ... estricted/

There was no reason for your response, it was rude and unappreciated.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Tex1961 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:34 pm
RottenApple wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:13 pm

Thanks!!
Not at all, he was simply correcting a misstatement. Per USCAA and other sources there are actually 21 (Texas being the 21st).
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resour ... estricted/

There was no reason for your response, it was rude and unappreciated.
I think having the accurate number is important. The more accurate we are, the better we come off when compared to people who lie and make up things or say what they think is correct.

And for the purposes of the discussion, the more states that are already Constitutional Carry, and how long they have been so, shows that it is more common than others thought and les dangerous because it has not happened in almost half the country yet.
Steve Rothstein

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Just spit balling here, but why does your dad need to justify CC, to anyone? Those same people predicted shoot outs at high noon, blood, in the streets, etc, when the Concealed Carry law was passed, when Open Carry was passed, when Campus Carry was passed, and they have been wrong at every turn.

Constitutional Carry is just that "Constitutional" There is no need to justify exercising a right. Maybe he should ask them, if they believe, they need the government's "permission" to go to church.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Jusme wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:56 am Just spit balling here, but why does your dad need to justify CC, to anyone? Those same people predicted shoot outs at high noon, blood, in the streets, etc, when the Concealed Carry law was passed, when Open Carry was passed, when Campus Carry was passed, and they have been wrong at every turn.

Constitutional Carry is just that "Constitutional" There is no need to justify exercising a right. Maybe he should ask them, if they believe, they need the government's "permission" to go to church.
Don't forget when the MVPA was passed. Same predictions and no mass carnage on the highways.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I have a FB friend who I have known for 30 years. Old girlfriend of my brother. She professes to be conservative but told me a month ago that people would be blasting each other over places in line at the grocery store.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

I second Grayling's recommendation about Dr. Lott's site for the accurate numbers. I was in the room when he testified to the House Committee. His use of statistical data was compelling. I particularly liked his opening where he stated (and I paraphrase here) I am not testifying for this bill or against this bill, I am only presenting statistical data which shows that in those states with some form of permitless carry, there has not been an increase in shootings or crimes involving firearms.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I just remind people of the bloodbath we're experiencing in democrat cities across American that have no CC and some of the most restrictive gun laws in the US.
Last edited by puma guy on Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
flechero

Post by flechero »

Grayling813 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:08 pm Dr. John Lott’s research at the Crime Research Prevention Center https://crimeresearch.org/ is the best place I know of to educate yourself and others about the facts.
Thanks for the link!

As for the rest of the responses, I know that it hasn't happened but his son's word won't cary the weight as reputable published stats and facts.

:tiphat:

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Jusme wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:56 am Just spit balling here, but why does your dad need to justify CC, to anyone? Those same people predicted shoot outs at high noon, blood, in the streets, etc, when the Concealed Carry law was passed, when Open Carry was passed, when Campus Carry was passed, and they have been wrong at every turn.

I think it’s important to remember that not everyone we’re talking to is a rabid leftist who’s all bent up about removing our gun rights. Some people are in the ‘what’s this all about?’ stage of learning, and it’s incumbent upon us to be good ambassadors for the Second Amendment.

When speaking with one of these folks who are truly malleable in their interpretation, remember they have blabbering idiots spouting all sorts of emotional nonsense in one ear, and us in the others. Bringing facts and referenced data to the table helps show them that we’re not the monsters that the other side pretends that we are.

In short, don’t prepare for conversations with the ‘other side’. Instead prepare for conversations with folks who are either ‘on our side but wavering in their understanding’ or with folks who are ‘not sure where the stand because they don’t know enough to make a good decision just yet.’
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”