Well I'm not shocked by this.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bobby
Posts in topic: 1

Well I'm not shocked by this.

Post by bobby »

As the EB backs any anti gun anything and AFT is very antigun. I was talking about this a few weeks ago, and here it is...
236940164_4474115102631318_3621896994428242224_n.jpg
:txflag:

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Well I'm not shocked by this.

Post by srothstein »

I had to look up the trigger to see what the fuss was about. It is definitely on the edge of the law and I can see a court going either way on it. I think a court would rule it legal if the right case was brought and rule it a machine gun in the wrong case (used in a crime for example). The way it works is pushing the limit of anyone's definition of a single squeeze of the trigger. It is basically a bump stock condensed down into just the trigger. There is a little bar that forces the trigger forward after each shot while you are squeezing it back anyway.

I personally would not want one of these because it makes it almost impossible to fire a single shot but I think the NFA is unconstitutional anyway. And, I think technology has caught up and passed the law on what a single trigger action is. If the government sees this as the biggest problem it has to spend resources on, we really need to refocus our government.
Steve Rothstein

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

srothstein wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:12 am I had to look up the trigger to see what the fuss was about. It is definitely on the edge of the law and I can see a court going either way on it. I think a court would rule it legal if the right case was brought and rule it a machine gun in the wrong case (used in a crime for example). The way it works is pushing the limit of anyone's definition of a single squeeze of the trigger. It is basically a bump stock condensed down into just the trigger. There is a little bar that forces the trigger forward after each shot while you are squeezing it back anyway.

I personally would not want one of these because it makes it almost impossible to fire a single shot but I think the NFA is unconstitutional anyway. And, I think technology has caught up and passed the law on what a single trigger action is. If the government sees this as the biggest problem it has to spend resources on, we really need to refocus our government.
Same here, had to see a video to understand what they were about. I think your post did a great job on explaining things and totally agree.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

wow

there was guy we used to have at the gun club. he had an ar15 with weird trigger work that made it impossible to fire one round, unless you jumped off trigger as soon as you touched it. it was crazy dangerous.
his rationale was it was it was legal. it may or may not have been but it was super sketchy

this thing reminds me of that
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

read letter, read description of the action, didn't watch video
looked to me like it Resets the trigger allowing it to be pulled again by the description, so the letter from ATF stating multiple rounds from a singlet rigger pull appears to be in error
i think i recall in the 1980s there used to be a spring for 22 caliber rifles that reset the trigger and atf said it was ok because it required a separate trigger pull for each round, also a crank with manually rotating wheel with 3 flaps for 3 trigger pulls per rotation which was approved but illegal if a motor was attached to the rotating flapper

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

The ATF is an unconstitutional agency and the NFA and GCA are unconstitutional laws.

No way around it.

Shall Not. Be. Infringed.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Paladin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Paladin »

Repeal the unconstitutional Hughes Amendment
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Post by srothstein »

NotRPB wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:37 pm read letter, read description of the action, didn't watch video
looked to me like it Resets the trigger allowing it to be pulled again by the description, so the letter from ATF stating multiple rounds from a singlet rigger pull appears to be in error
i think i recall in the 1980s there used to be a spring for 22 caliber rifles that reset the trigger and atf said it was ok because it required a separate trigger pull for each round, also a crank with manually rotating wheel with 3 flaps for 3 trigger pulls per rotation which was approved but illegal if a motor was attached to the rotating flapper
The potential problem for it,as I see it, is that it resets the trigger while you are still squeezing it. A bumpstock did pretty much the same thing, but by using the recoil of the weapon to move the whole thing against your hand, it was a little more clear that it was repeatedly pulling the trigger very fast. The way this one is working is that it has an automatic reset caused by the bolt carrier catching on a small lever to force the trigger action to reset. Since you are holding the trigger back, it resets but doesn't catch and fires multiple rounds. This is why I think they are pushing the limits of "a single function of the trigger". By building the reset/release into the trigger mechanism, you get very questionable on what is a function of the trigger. I hope the manufacturer can win in court, but as I said earlier, I think it will be very dependent on the exact facts of the case that gets to SCOTUS.
Steve Rothstein

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The problem with the fascist left is that they confuse rate of fire with the mechanical descriptions in the actual letter of the law.

Neither bump stocks nor Rare Breed triggers meet the definition of machine guns in the letter of the law. Banning them is unconstitutional absent their legislative addition to the NFA……and the Dounders would be appalled at the NFA's existence in the first place. Rogue agency rule changes don’t count. The flip side of that is the undeniable fact that bump stocks, Rare Breed triggers (and binary triggers too, for that matter) DO increase an AR rifle's rate of fire into the lower end for fully automatic weapons. As long as Congress doesn’t expand the NFA, the AFT is out of line and behaving unconstitutionally.

There is another danger in treating rate of fire as law, when in fact it isn’t. If rate of fire is the benchmark rather than the letter of the law, it is only a matter of time before Bei Den Jo or some other commie bastard uses rate of fire as the benchmark to get semiautos reclassified as machine guns by adjusting the permissible rate of fire down to where it can only be met by break action single-barreled shotguns.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Rare Breed's statement

Rare Breed customer shows what its all about and predicts ATF action back in January: WARNING LANGUAGE link

The trigger does look like a lot of fun! :fire
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

You can shoot one Rd with the FRT trigger.
If you setup the AR with rifle length gas tube. You would effectively slowing down the cycling rate. Letting one round ionly is easy.

The FRT would be effectively work Luke a burst firing mode
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

cirus

Post by cirus »

I've got got a Franklin Armory binary trigger in one of my ARs. It serves the purpose of clearing a room very quickly.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Good points about using rate of fire to define full auto.... it makes me think about the trigger on my carry gun, a Walther P99AS. It has a VERY VERY short reset, about a millimeter. After you get the feel of it, you can peel off 4 rounds per second easily, and can go to 5 with practice. I've hit 5 myself several times, just fooling around with it. The reset is so short, a couple of times I've fired it and then set off a second shot accidentally just from lowering my finger back down onto the trigger. Bang....BANG!!.. WHOA, WAIT A MINNIT!!!

Of course, I don't practice shooting in this manner, but if I wanted to really, seriously work on it, I could easily get my firing rate up to a lower full auto range of 300-350 rounds per minute.

I wonder if the ATF will end up approaching the issue with a "minimum reset travel" requirement.... hmmmmm...
-Ruark

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Rare Breed Triggers Accused Of Creating "Machine Gun" Loses First Court Battle With ATF
DeMonico and his lawyer filed a request for a preliminary injunction as part of its lawsuit, preventing the ATF from inhibiting the company from selling its triggers ahead of trial. However, the request was denied on Tuesday, citing a lack of evidence that the ATF's action would financially cripple the company.
Saying that a trigger manufacturer cannot sell the one project they produce does "no harm" is a failure on some level there on the judge's part. The fact that Rare Breed wasn't issued a preliminary injunction is ridiculous. Gun owners should pay attention to this case, as the Rare Breed trigger and other similar forced reset triggers will be a convenient scapegoat for the government to continue to push forward on infringing citizens' 2A rights.
The ruling sounds absurd. Those in the know were expecting this outcome, in that the ATF is able to shut down a business without ever getting a favorable court ruling on the actual law and evidence.

BTW, I am told the triggers are mighty nice, which I suppose is why Uncle Joe is after them.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”