Optic Cut for Glock 43

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Optic Cut for Glock 43

Post by cmgee67 »

Good morning, I do believe I finally am going to try to make the switch to a red dot on my edc. I’ve tried it before and I liked it and disliked it. Would it be best to send it in to get the slide cut or buy an aftermarket slide? I have found several services to do it and Cerakote the milled areas for around 150. All of these require me to mail it off. A new slide will easily cost more. I do however realize it is a permanent modification. That’s fine. Do you know anyone in the Rockwall, dallas, McKinney area that does this? And what would be the best footprint to get it cut too. I would probably run the RMR CC or the holosun 407k. I don’t know if they are the same footprint. I heard the shield RMSC is a good footprint to cut it by

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Optic Cut for Glock 43

Post by Killadocg23 »

Hex Precision In Houston. 80$ for the optic cut and that includes cerakote.

They did my G19 slide for rmr style cut and I have been very pleased. Not interested in putting a red dot on my 43x but I will probably be sending them my slide in case I change my mind. And oh yeah they have a 7 business day turnaround guarantee.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

My son bought a Gucci-ed G43 slide on eBay with the milling already done, forward cocking serrations, and lightening cuts, for about $180. Then he bought a G43X and a Holosun mico optic. He also bought a 15 round and a 20 round Shield Arms mags for it. The 15-rounder is flush fit in the frame. It all makes for a really slick gun. It’s crazy that a gun with the same magazine capacity as my G19 is as small as this one is.

I can’t find the exact item, but it is exactly like this one for a G26, except for a G43/43X: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Glock-26-Slid ... 632-2357-0
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cmgee67 »

Thank you Both

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”