Stevens 320 SEC Shotgun

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Stevens 320 SEC Shotgun

Post by puma guy »

Picked up my Stevens 320 SEC shotgun. It comes with a Ghost Ring rear sight and green fluorescent front sight. The action is easy to rack, and will probably loosen up with use. I won't be able to make a range trip for a while to shoot it. Looking at it I immediately became aware it is definitely a knock off of a Winchester 1200/1300. The Stevens barrel will fit and lock up with 1200, but the 1200 barrel will not fit the Stevens due to the magazine lug ring is smaller in diameter on the Winchester. Notice the similarities in the barrel cuts, and receiver parts.

Stevens 320 Assembled
Stevens 320 Bbl/Receiver
Top to Bttm Win 1200 Rec, Stevens 320 Rec, Stevens 320 Bbl, Win 1200 Bbl
Top Stevens 320 Bbl Bttm Win 1200 Bbl
Left Stevens 320 Ejection port, load gate and trigger group Right Win 1200 Ejection port, load gate and trigger group
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

AdioSS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Stevens 320 SEC Shotgun

Post by AdioSS »

I wonder if that stock is available separately. It looks better than the stock + pistol grip on mine.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

AdioSS wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:39 am I wonder if that stock is available separately. It looks better than the stock + pistol grip on mine.
You can check with Savage-Stevens. Also maybe on Numrich.com

Topic author
puma guy

Re: Stevens 320 SEC Shotgun - Range trip

Post by puma guy »

Took the Steven 320 to the range to test it. It was flawless with the 2¾" Spartan 00 buckshot. I meant to take some Federal LE Flite contol #1 Buck and a some Federal 2¾" 12 pellet 00 Buck shot shells, but I got side tracked getting my new SIG P238 and ammo packed for the range trip.

The gun racked smoothly and never missed a lick. Hold 5 2¾" shells in the tube. It's chambered fro 3" shells, but I don't have any so couldn't see how many would fit. I like the ghost ring rear and florescent front sight. (my first experience with a ghost ring.) The stock is comfortable, but I need to put some length on it for my long arms, so I'll have to put a slip on recoil pad on it. The pattern for two shots is pictured at an estimated 15 yards. ( I didn't realize I picked up a used target and there are two or three .22 caliber holes mixed in) I also did a rapid fire 6 shot string on the steel plate rack and videoed it, but the wind blew my phone over. Same this happened on the second string so I gave up, but I hit all twelve times. I am very happy with it and for way less than $200 bucks it's a bargain. It will be stashed in my truck to replace the old JC Higgings Model 20 that was stolen. I miss that ol' gal.

AndyC1911
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AndyC1911 »

Nice - I especially like the protected front-sight on that shotgun. Next up, slugs :mrgreen:

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

AndyC1911 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:40 am Nice - I especially like the protected front-sight on that shotgun. Next up, slugs :mrgreen:
Thanks. Yep! It presents a nice sight picture I tried taking a photo looking down the barrel, but it was a poor photo. I'll take the Federal LE #1 and 12 pellet 00 as well. I have to dig for the slugs- I forgot where I put'em. :headscratch :roll:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”