Sellier & Bellot Rubber Buckshot.. Why?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Sellier & Bellot Rubber Buckshot.. Why?

Post by jerry_r60 »

mojo84 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:22 pm
jerry_r60 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:43 pm Made me think of the old school "rock salt"...I don't know if that was real or legend but my understanding, used to chase off trespasser, thief, etc. I don't know of anyone actually using rock salt just heard anecdotes.

We have talked on here before about not wanting to use lethal force to respond for property protection. In theory this might not be bad for that however how to practically use it like that??? Need one gun loaded with lethal rounds and one with this. Then you run the risk of grabbing the wrong one.
My dad told me a story about him and a friend getting shot with rock salt when he was a kid. They thought a farmer's watermelons were free for the taking. Needless to say, he dropped the melon immediately. Said his lower back, rear-end and upper legs burned bad for a couple days. Said that ended his watermelon snatching.

True or not, makes for a good story and lesson.
That fits the context I've always heard the rock salt loads discussion either protecting the garden or the farmer's daughter from an adventurous lad.

AndyC1911
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AndyC1911 »

puma guy wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:46 pm I don't know why this came in a message about defense ammo. I can only see rubber projectiles appealing to Law Enforcement for riot crowd control. Or maybe issued to trigger happy Capital Police.
Or shooting these guys:

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by puma guy »

AndyC1911 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:29 pm
puma guy wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:46 pm I don't know why this came in a message about defense ammo. I can only see rubber projectiles appealing to Law Enforcement for riot crowd control. Or maybe issued to trigger happy Capital Police.
Or shooting these guys:

:lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”