Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

New UC2, night sights or not?

Post by C-dub »

Good afternoon all,

Today I purchased a new .45ACP Kimber Ultra Carry ii. Nothing fancy, just the two-tone model. I don't like the grips it comes with and have already ordered a set of G10 (gray/black) I think I'll like better that will be here on Saturday. After carrying full sized 1911's and a Glock .45 for several years now I decided to enter the compact world primarily for trips on the motorcycle using my shoulder rig. For now, that it also the only holster I have for it, so until I decide on a belt holster that will be the only time it goes out after getting it broken in and some carry ammo.

Each of the two Glocks I currently have and the two before have all had/have night sights. The two full size 1911's I have that I have carried do not have night sights. Now, I'm debating the usefulness of replacing the stock, not night sights, with night sights on this UCii. Of course I'll practice with it, but a 3" barrel is obviously not for precision target shooting and since most/self defense shootings will be up close and personal I'm wrestling with the need for anything more precise than point shooting something this small.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”