Wanting a comfortable IWB holster suggestion

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Wanting a comfortable IWB holster suggestion

Post by cmgee67 »

Over the years I’ve tried multiple holster brands and types… I’ve tried crossbreed and alien gear hybrids, the regular kydex taco holsters from various brands. Currently using CYA holsters. And also a few leather. Ideally I’d like to carry owb but my job doesn’t permit that type of carry. My only choice is iwb or pocket. Since I’m forced to that 5 days a week I don’t like to jump to owb often and be Inconsistent. I typically appendix but used to only carry strong side 3:30-4:00. I have looked at the N8 squared holsters but never tried one. Heard they are some of the most comfortable. I have s friend of uses the tech clip that attaches to the back of the slide on the back plate. I tried this in conjunction with a kydex trigger guard cover and paracord. It was okay but it really made my CC a lint trap even more so. Anyways after all that rambling I am trying to see what you all use and what has been most comfortable IWB for you.

Oh and I typically carry a P3six5 if that helps.

Tex1961

Re: Wanting a comfortable IWB holster suggestion

Post by Tex1961 »

For myself, I don’t have to wear a suit or tucked in shirt so I’ve taken to moving up one shirt size, or I go with a T-shirt with a button style over shirt but left unbuttoned. All of this while going OWB. nobody has ever noticed.

NewGunGuy3

Post by NewGunGuy3 »

I've enjoyed using the N8 tactical holsters: https://n8tactical.com/

YMMV of course.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Daily I have carried AIWB a Glock 19 or 19X for about 10? 12? 15? years using a raven concealment systems vanguard minimalist holster with a wing. It has been the most comfortable and most concealable holster I have tried, and like everybody else I tried a lot of different holsters and methods before finding this one. It’s not only comfortable, it’s not all that expensive, been about 40 bucks for years now.

https://rcsgear.com/vanguard-2-standard-kit

Raven makes a lanyard version of this, and they also have a vanguard 3 that I guess is even more minimalist.

You can buy them on Amazon.
USAF 1982-2005

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I keep going back to my CYA holsters for AIWB. I rarely carry OWB any longer, but that’s less a function of comfort (my OWB holsters are comfortable) than it is a function of my draw-stroke being slightly quicker with an AIWB setup. Granted, that’s based on concealed being my primary method of carry. I suppose that if I primarily OCed, it would be different. As with all things carry, it boils down to what you train with.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

LTUME1978

Post by LTUME1978 »

I have tried a number of different IWB holsters that mount on the strong side (3-4 o'clock). My favorite by far is the Milt Sparks VM II. I won't consider anything else now as I have a big enough box of other holsters that don't get worn and don't want to add to it. Milt Sparks holsters are expensive but well worth the money. They also have a very nice OWB that may work for you if you are wearing a sports coat or suit. I have a 55BN that I use to carry a 1911 commander and it hides very well under a sports coat. It is also very comfortable.

I have no experience with AIWB. I just can't make peace with where the barrel is pointing when carrying in that mode.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”