Sansom Park Police Officer shot during training at school

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rtschl
Posts in topic: 1

Sansom Park Police Officer shot during training at school

Post by rtschl »

A Sansom Park officer was shot during a police training exercise at a Fort Worth elementary school and is in critical condition, police say. Praying for the injured officer and the officer who shot her.

Third party company provided the weapons. :banghead:

Hasn't everyone learned from the Alec Baldwin fiasco, that YOU must check the weapon and ammo (blanks, simunition ,fake, etc.)

Story below:
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local ... e81e5d4033
Ron
NRA Member

carlson1

Re: Sansom Park Police Officer shot during training at school

Post by carlson1 »

Very sad. Praying for the Officer and the family.

I know I am probably like many others who get “frustrated” with RSO from time to time. I know also some think they know more than the RSO and while that may be so it is a great practice to check, re-check, and let others check.

Even with my wife when I unload a weapon before I hand it to her I let her look and see that it is clear. Then she also checks once it is in her hands.

You can’t be safe enough.

baseballguy2001

Post by baseballguy2001 »

We'll see if there's any media follow up. What you'll find out, is the person who fired the weapon, didn't check it for live ammo. 3rd party or no, if that weapon is in your hands, check it. If you don't, whatever happens, is on you in my book. Just my .02.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:14 pm Very sad. Praying for the Officer and the family.

I know I am probably like many others who get “frustrated” with RSO from time to time. I know also some think they know more than the RSO and while that may be so it is a great practice to check, re-check, and let others check.

Even with my wife when I unload a weapon before I hand it to her I let her look and see that it is clear. Then she also checks once it is in her hands.

You can’t be safe enough.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I RSO part time at a range and get fussed at mostly by the older guys who think they know it all. And sure enough I’ll catch them doing something stupid. I love the sheepish looks they give me afterwards. I could make this post into a small novel but I won’t. Also we have a 300 degree video simulator room with CO2 powered guns, even those we treat like real firearms.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The big danger with force-on-force training is live weapons in the training area. This has happened before when someone either didn't clear their weapon before the exercise, or returned from lunch and didn't clear their weapon after lunch.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Bolton Strid

Post by Bolton Strid »

Whoopsies - looks like Lina Mino is a candidate to hit the lawsuit jackpot.

Won't have to do police work anymore if the payoff's right. Might as well since it may not be a great fit for her anyway.

Why she is a "former" Ft. Worth officer -

You have to appreciate how thick the irony is.
Smoke Rings in the Dark

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Bolton Strid wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:17 am Whoopsies - looks like Lina Mino is a candidate to hit the lawsuit jackpot.

Won't have to do police work anymore if the payoff's right. Might as well since it may not be a great fit for her anyway.

Why she is a "former" Ft. Worth officer -

You have to appreciate how thick the irony is.
It sounds like she panicked when she’s describing why she fired at the end of the video.

1. I appreciate that she was scared.

2. I appreciate that she fired because she was scared.

3. But on video, even she was unable to articulate a good reason for why she fired.

4. I appreciate that she admits she shouldn’t have fired.

5. I also think that, if she were not terminated, she would be far less likely to draw her weapon going forward because of this experience; but I also think that this hesitation to draw could also get her killed in a situation where using her weapon was the proper response.

6. I don’t think she’s a bad person. In fact, her explanation about why she fired shows her to be a fundamentally honest person, and she was rightly angry at herself. But, I DO think that she’s probably not cut out for police work.

That’s as fair as I can make it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”