Anyone Else Carry A Beretta

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 7

Anyone Else Carry A Beretta

Post by carlson1 »

I have found myself moving recently from my 1911’s to Beretta. I have a Beretta Elite LTT by Langdon Tactical which is probably my favorite. I also have a Wilson Combat Beretta Centurion which is my second. I shoot them really well and the Elite LTT has a RMR on it.

Just curious if anyone else liked the Beretta.

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone Else Carry A Beretta

Post by Tex1961 »

Close. I’ve been carrying my CZ which is probably as close to a Beretta you can get. But only OWB while working at the range. But I should get my Shield Plus within a few days so ill go back to that. 15 for the beretta and 13 for the Shield. I’ll sacrifice the two rounds for the extra pound from the CZ.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I had a really not CZ worked up by Cajun gun works and like a knuckle head sold for it. I like the Beretta and thr 18 round Mec Gar and nothing else on my belt.

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

I picked up an full size 92 LTT last year. I've always wanted a 92 and the double and single action trigger does not disappoint. I think my only regret is maybe not getting the Centurion or Compact model. The full size is a BIG... HEAVY... gun. Good belt and holster do help though. I do plan to order a separate optic mounted slide. Might also look into getting a Langdon PX4's just to have something lighter but with that silky smooth trigger.

AdioSS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AdioSS »

I’m much more likely to carry a Beretta than anything else. My favorite carry gun is a MiniCougar.
But I also really like carrying my NP3’d 96G Centurion.

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

I'm minutes away (or weeks... but who's counting) from buying a 92X RDO that I plan to put a Holosun on. I also want the 92X Performance for IDPA... and currently own a 92FS that I love to carry when able. (All other times I carry a Glock 19, 26, or 43).
I truly enjoy my 92FS. It fits my hand so well, and I've become a big fan of the DA/SA trigger.
If it had a rail, I wouldn't bother with a 92X, but the rail plus the slightly improved trigger and the ability to mount a red dot, has me close to getting the 92X.

Then, when able, I will get a 92X Performance or a Staccato... for IDPA. They're both such amazing guns... wow.

TLDR; love my 92FS and 92X on the way

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

AdioSS wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:30 pm I’m much more likely to carry a Beretta than anything else. My favorite carry gun is a MiniCougar.
I like both of those. I wonder what the trigger job Langdon could do to those. I have been looking at a Beretta PX4 Compact Carry with LTT Trigger Job.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

My 92 Elite LTT Red Dot Ready Slide came this week. The slide is gray and frame is black. Pictures don’t do it Justice. This is one is basically the VERTEC /Centurion slide I don’t know the difference.
Edited photos:

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

carlson1 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:06 am I have been looking at a Beretta PX4 Compact Carry with LTT Trigger Job.
Yes, exactly what I'm looking at getting as well.
carlson1 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:16 am My 92 Elite LTT Red Dot Ready Slide came this week. The slide is gray and frame is black. Pictures don’t do it Justice. This is one is basically the VERTEC /Centurion slide I don’t know the difference.
Anyway you can get me a some better pictures of that? Maybe outside in the sunlight? I was considering just getting the black slide but now I'm curious as to what that gray slide looks like on the black frame.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

AdioSS wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:30 pm I’m much more likely to carry a Beretta than anything else. My favorite carry gun is a MiniCougar.
Both are gorgeous but more so that 96. Did Robar do it or was it done after the closed? I take it is full NP3 job done to it? Internals and all?

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:45 am
carlson1 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:06 am I have been looking at a Beretta PX4 Compact Carry with LTT Trigger Job.
Yes, exactly what I'm looking at getting as well.
carlson1 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:16 am My 92 Elite LTT Red Dot Ready Slide came this week. The slide is gray and frame is black. Pictures don’t do it Justice. This is one is basically the VERTEC /Centurion slide I don’t know the difference.
Anyway you can get me a some better pictures of that? Maybe outside in the sunlight? I was considering just getting the black slide but now I'm curious as to what that gray slide looks like on the black frame.
I will do that tomorrow.

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

I'm struggling on whether to get the RDO and add a red dot optic with a plate or not. If it's not the LTT model, it seems to sit WAY high.
I may just stick with irons, but like having the option.
Or maybe just get the LTT, but not sure I want to spend the $$... ugh.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

I've been tempted by the PX4 Storm Compact Carry....

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:46 am
Both are gorgeous but more so that 96. Did Robar do it or was it done after the closed? I take it is full NP3 job done to it? Internals and all?
That gun was originally built for Palm Beach PD in 1999 & was all factory NP3 coated. I did polish the flats of the slide, put in an NP3 LTT OP Trigger bar, & the hammer was swapped over from my 1992 NP3 96D from the Ohio State Police that I converted to DA/SA.
It is all NP3, too.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

AdioSS wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:23 pm That gun was originally built for Palm Beach PD in 1999 & was all factory NP3 coated. I did polish the flats of the slide, put in an NP3 LTT OP Trigger bar, & the hammer was swapped over from my 1992 NP3 96D from the Ohio State Police that I converted to DA/SA.
It is all NP3, too.
Nice backstory on the gun. Lots of history on it.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”