Anyone Carry A Beretta Px4 Storm Compact Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 14

Anyone Carry A Beretta Px4 Storm Compact Carry

Post by carlson1 »

Anyone here own or have experience with the Px4 Storm Compact Carry?
How do you like it? Egaurnomics, reliability, etc…. Or have you had Langdon do a trigger job in one?

cherokeepilot
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone Carry A Beretta Px4 Storm Compact Carry

Post by cherokeepilot »

Carried the PX4 standard size in Galco issue shoulder and Baretta brand concealed holsters for duty in uniform. The compact size used for off duty with the Fobus paddle holsters being the winner for summer casual wear. Beretta has a line of holsters specifically for different versions of the compact which are well made for different styles of carry.

All my PX4s were modified as well as the Nano for pocket carry with painted white stripe on the top of the slide for very close quarter engagement defense fire. Modifications included tritium sights, springs, with safety modified to only decock. Beretta did the mods for me on request (with payment) with my requirement that the pistol mods reliably fire Hornady Critical Duty 9mm ammo. Extended mags for both pistols not only add additional capacity but, enhance your grip on the pistol. These mods were made right after 9-11, and they may not make the pistol beautiful, they still work well today…73s
73s
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Thank you. I have talked to Ernie and Langdon and he has about got me convinced to try one of his. I have to sale something to buy something and was trying to justify it.

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Subscribing. I'm curious as to what you think of the PX4 if you get it.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:20 pm Subscribing. I'm curious as to what you think of the PX4 if you get it.
How did you know I ordered it? You and my wife are very good detectives. Needless to say she isn’t happy with me, but I sold a gun that was just setting the safe so she is happy again. She reminds me her purses cost less than my guns, but I remind her she has more purses. :lol:

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:55 pm
Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:20 pm Subscribing. I'm curious as to what you think of the PX4 if you get it.
How did you know I ordered it? You and my wife are very good detectives. Needless to say she isn’t happy with me, but I sold a gun that was just setting the safe so she is happy again. She reminds me her purses cost less than my guns, but I remind her she has more purses. :lol:
LOL! Well I did say if you get it. Did you get a Langdon PX4?

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:15 am
carlson1 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:55 pm
LOL! Well I did say if you get it. Did you get a Langdon PX4?
Langdon is out, but I found one that was almost $200 less than LTT. I will then send it to LTT for the work. Trying to decide if I want LTT’s RDO or not. That is the only thing I am on the fence about.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

Long thread here with inputs from LTT.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php ... A-Glock-19
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I have a regular can't afford the fancy stuff model I rotate now and then. It is a very nice firearm. I'm satisfied with it but if I ever win the lotto I'll probably move up to the deluxe.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:47 pm Long thread here with inputs from LTT.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php ... A-Glock-19
Great article.

AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

I have a .40 PX4 Compact Inox. I copied most of the mods that were done with the Compact Carry. The same sights, large mag release, Carry decock levers, bobbed NP3 hammer, Talon grip, springs, etc, but not the coated slide, Comp trigger group, or OP Trigger bar. I did modify the Firing Pin Block lever to work like the OP bar that gives the same super short reset. I also nodded a SubCompact’s SnapGrip Extension (https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-acces ... b-compact/) to work on a Compact.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

That looks great.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:46 am Langdon is out, but I found one that was almost $200 less than LTT. I will then send it to LTT for the work. Trying to decide if I want LTT’s RDO or not. That is the only thing I am on the fence about.
So no idea on the math. But how close do you think the price will be once you have sent it to LTT for any work? I'm guessing you are going to have them do the trigger work rather than you do the trigger in a bag? That looks to be $205 for just the parts. If you are sending them the gun, then you have to figure in shipping. Just food for thought.

For me, I won't get a non optic handgun anymore unless it's 1) a revolver 2) a small mouse/pocket gun that I would use for a backup or for NPE (when I go to the gym or have to dress up for a work function). I've been shooting optic guns since... September of 2020 and have taken 4 firearms classes using an optic mounted Glock including a 5 day 250 with Optic class at Gunsite this pass July. I feel more confident with the optic, especially at range. I am way better with it at low/no light. And with my aging/declining eyesight, I just straight out prefer it over iron sights. Again, just my opinion.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:33 pm
carlson1 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:46 am Langdon is out, but I found one that was almost $200 less than LTT. I will then send it to LTT for the work. Trying to decide if I want LTT’s RDO or not. That is the only thing I am on the fence about.
So no idea on the math. But how close do you think the price will be once you have sent it to LTT for any work? I'm guessing you are going to have them do the trigger work rather than you do the trigger in a bag? That looks to be $205 for just the parts. If you are sending them the gun, then you have to figure in shipping. Just food for thought.

For me, I won't get a non optic handgun anymore unless it's 1) a revolver 2) a small mouse/pocket gun that I would use for a backup or for NPE (when I go to the gym or have to dress up for a work function). I've been shooting optic guns since... September of 2020 and have taken 4 firearms classes using an optic mounted Glock including a 5 day 250 with Optic class at Gunsite this pass July. I feel more confident with the optic, especially at range. I am way better with it at low/no light. And with my aging/declining eyesight, I just straight out prefer it over iron sights. Again, just my opinion.
Well I was able to buy the gun for $699.99 no tax and $9.99 shipping. My FFL charged me $10.00. Then LTT ran a special on a gift card. You got $50.00 for every $500.00 so I bought the gift card that was actually $750.00 (paid out of pocket $675.00) if all of that makes sense. I also bought a RDO slide for it so I can change out slides with my RMR. LTT provided the shipping label and it arrived at LTT today.

Now with all of that said, $710 for the gun, $10 FFL, $625 to LTT and I have a $80.00 credit. So a total of $1,345.00 for the gun work and extra slide. It was a big savings than if I would have bought from LTT. Having the cyber Monday and other specials helped a lot. Now I have to get my extra Wilson Combat EDC X9 sold to pay off my credit card and that way I can stay married.

I sure wished you would not have asked that because it looks bad all written out. I feel like TAM after writing this out. I think I got it all right.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:18 pm Well I was able to buy the gun for $699.99 no tax and $9.99 shipping. My FFL charged me $10.00. Then LTT ran a special on a gift card. You got $50.00 for every $500.00 so I bought the gift card that was actually $750.00 (paid out of pocket $675.00) if all of that makes sense. I also bought a RDO slide for it so I can change out slides with my RMR. LTT provided the shipping label and it arrived at LTT today.

Now with all of that said, $710 for the gun, $10 FFL, $625 to LTT and I have a $80.00 credit. So a total of $1,345.00 for the gun work and extra slide. It was a big savings than if I would have bought from LTT. Having the cyber Monday and other specials helped a lot. Now I have to get my extra Wilson Combat EDC X9 sold to pay off my credit card and that way I can stay married.

I sure wished you would not have asked that because it looks bad all written out. I feel like TAM after writing this out. I think I got it all right.
Although It's not available, I priced out a PX4 Compact with the following.
  • LTT Trigger Job with OP Trigger Bar
  • Standard PX4 Hammer
  • Yes, I want the RDO Cut
  • PX4 Optic Plate - RMR
$1,233.00

Of course this is without tax and shipping. And this is the cheapest setup to get an RDO on it. If I spec'd it out and be over what you are paying. I still really want one. I have to decide if I want to do an RDO on the 92 or get the PX4 with an RDO on it.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”