Sightron Red Dot SRS-2

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Sightron Red Dot SRS-2

Post by puma guy »

Anyone have any experience and or opinions on the Sightron SRS red Dot Reflex sights? Particularly the SRS-2 in either 2MOA or 6MOA dot? Thanks in advance.

https://sightron.com/products/srs-2-reflex-sight-kit
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sightron Red Dot SRS-2

Post by JRG »

Never heard of them, but following your link, they look like quality.

Joe

Topic author
puma guy

Re: Sightron Red Dot SRS-2

Post by puma guy »

Got the Stoeger STR-9 a coule of weeks ago and the Sightron SRS-2 Reflex sight last Thursday. The pistol comes with 4 different adaptor plates, but getting the blanl plate off the slide was a bear. I called Stoeger and was told the guy I needed would be in later so I called back and he gave me a heads up on how to get it off. They have been getting lots of calls because the Loc-Tite seeped between the plate and slide. The extractor pin goes thru the top of the slide and can be moved up from the bottom about 18" with a punch. I heated the plate with a heat gun to help it. The screws that came with the sight were too long so I had to grind to about 3/8". Got it mounted and looking forward to getting some lead through the pistol. The trigger is nice with a crisp let off and hardly any over travel. Couldn't find my Wheeler trigger scale. The Stoeger was $189 after rebate and the sight was on sale for $109, so I am into the world of red dots for very little.

Topic author
puma guy

Re: Sightron Red Dot SRS-2 Update range report

Post by puma guy »

Finally got the Stoeger STR9 and Sightron SRS-2 combo to the range. It was shooting very low at 10 yards and a little to the left shooting off hand. Got it dialed in pretty well, and had a nice group with one flyer on a B27 silhouette target at 7 yards for a final 10 shot string. I want to get it on a good rest to get it adjusted a little better. I had my wife with me and had to help her with her Glock 42 and I also took a Llama III .38O, a Walther PPK/s .22, and two .22 revolvers; a High Standard Sentinel and a H&R Sportsman I wanted her to shoot, so we had an extensive visit this afternoon before shooting time ended at PSC. The brightness on the RDS was fine in 3 o'clock Texas sun with just a little increase in the adjustment and held zero perfectly once I got it adjusted. No problem finding the dot on the 24mm plane. I checked the mount screws after shooting about 30 rounds and was able to tighten them a little. The thread lock I used is not as great as advertised. If they loosen after shooting next time I may have to use some Loc tite. The trigger on the STR9 is not great, but it's acceptable and for sure ain't as bad as a S&W Bodyguard. My old eyes like Red Dots, so there may be a milling job in the future for my my Kimber and a higher end RDS. But I have to say a little over $100 bucks the Sightron SRS-2 met the challenge.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”