Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Biden to sign executive order to require background checks on more gun sales

Post by Paladin »

Biden to sign executive order to require background checks on more gun sales
Under the executive order, Biden is also directing Attorney General Merrick Garland to develop and implement a plan to prevent former federally licensed firearms dealers, whose licenses have been revoked or surrendered, from continuing to engage in the business of dealing in firearms.
There are a laundry list of items attached with this, none of which make any sense to me, but I guess that's par for the course.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Biden to sign executive order to require background checks on more gun sales

Post by Rafe »

Paladin wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:11 am Biden to sign executive order to require background checks on more gun sales
Under the executive order, Biden is also directing Attorney General Merrick Garland to develop and implement a plan to prevent former federally licensed firearms dealers, whose licenses have been revoked or surrendered, from continuing to engage in the business of dealing in firearms.
There are a laundry list of items attached with this, none of which make any sense to me, but I guess that's par for the course.
And...
The White House said the executive order will bring the U.S. "as close to universal background checks as possible" without additional legislation.
The order will also direct the secretary of transportation, in consultation with the Department of Justice, to work to "reduce the loss or theft of firearms during shipment," and to improve the reporting of such losses or thefts by engaging with carriers and shippers.
Dear Secretary Buttigieg and Secretary Garland: I have it on very solid, though anonymous, sources that, regarding the loss of firearms, a vast stockpile can be found circulating in and originating from Afghanistan. The reason is unclear, but the information suggests literally millions of dollars worth of U.S. weaponry was lost into the hands of the Taliban. Might be something worth investigating.
A senior administration official touted Biden’s executive actions throughout his presidency related to reducing gun violence. That official said Biden will also continue to call on Congress to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines.

Biden, earlier this month, said he is going to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines "come hell or high water."
"The president is going to continue to fight for common sense gun safety legislation, and there are all sorts of pieces of legislation we need," the official said. "But in the meantime, [the president] wants the federal government to be doing all we can with existing authority to reduce gun violence. And that is what this executive order does."
Very strange. I can't find anything in the soon-to-be executive order that actually mentions crime prevention, only gun prevention. Alas, we are a nation that has forgotten the art of critical thinking. But that's okay. So long as the left is in control, we lowly citizens have nothing to worry about. :banghead:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

OneGun

Re: Biden to sign executive order to require background checks on more gun sales

Post by OneGun »

How come the Biden Administration did not conduct background checks when they gave firearms to the Taliban????? [\end sarcasm]
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

OneGun wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:58 pm How come the Biden Administration did not conduct background checks when they gave firearms to the Taliban????? [\end sarcasm]
:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

Where in the Constitution does it give the president power to override the Constitution?

He has no more authority to do what he's doing than I do to sign an order making him undergo a competency exam and a complete financial audit of every penny he's put in the bank in the last 50 years of being in Washington.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Refuse to comply. Become ungovernable.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

This is what the GOA sent out on the subject:
Joe Biden just used the unconstitutional Cornyn-Murphy gun control surrender as the basis for an executive order mandating backdoor universal background checks.

In Biden’s own words, his new executive order moves America “as close to universal background checks as possible without additional legislation.”

Of course, the current background check system is so appallingly ineffective that 9 out of 10 times it falsely flags someone as ineligible to purchase a firearm…

…but Biden would rather harass law-abiding gun owners who sell as few as just one firearm per year than lock up the criminals who are actually responsible for gun violence.

Now that the consequences of the Cornyn-Murphy surrender are clearly apparent, we need your help ensuring another so-called “compromise” NEVER reaches Joe Biden’s desk.

When Congress passed the Cornyn-Murphy “compromise,” Gun Owners of America warned that it would be used to justify future assaults on your Second Amendment rights.

Hidden inside this hasty, poorly written law was language that dramatically expanded the statutory definition of FFLs (Federal Firearms Licenses) to cover almost anyone who sold a gun.

At the time, we warned that it would allow for this exact scenario to occur:

“Expanding the definition of FFLs (Federal Firearms Licenses) could require anyone who sells more than one gun to do so through an FFL, resulting in a backdoor mechanism for universal background registration checks – just as the Obama Administration attempted.”

But despite our warnings, 15 Republican Senators stabbed gun owners in the back by rushing to “compromise” with the most rabidly anti-gun administration in American history.

Now, Biden’s executive order gives the ATF the ability to expand their illegal national gun registry by forcing private citizens who sell their guns to do so through an FFL.

That restricts their ability to conduct private gun transfers without a background check and a Firearm Transaction Record (Form 4473) recording the firearm in ATF’s illegal registry.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

Bad timing for me as I've identified 11 firearms out of my collection I want to sell....guess that makes me an "FFL". :headscratch

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”