Review (sort of) of beretta's 92x centurion

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
growlerVII
Posts in topic: 1

Review (sort of) of beretta's 92x centurion

Post by growlerVII »

Not really a review, per se but, I've had questions in the past that you kind folks have been extremely helpful with in the past. I've had great luck with you lot, so I thought I'd add what information I can to maybe help someone else out. Just my thoughts on the new pizza gat. I'm sure everyone has seen the new 92X RDO offerings from the oldest operating arms manufacturer on earth. I took the plunge. This is the best gun out of the box ive ever owned! I have an old 92fs that I've worked on and the new 92x has everything I wanted for the 92fs right from the factory..........with the exception of night sights.........and holster selection.
Before buying I found a few holster makers who would actually commit to something for the new pistol. TT gunleather is my "go-to" for good leather. He's a really nice guy and customer service is great. He just told me to put what I required in the "notes" section of the order form. Good news there. I wanted leather. Finding a leather holster that's light bearing is a pain. Only a few that I've owned are worth the trouble. Aker leather is one of those. I own one of the night guard series with and without thumb break for the sig p229 and p226 with wml. They're great!
Incidentally the beretta fits these holsters with some adjustment. The safariland 7378-7TS(non light bearing) for the 92fs fits PERFECTLY. Good lockup and zero drag. I suppose because it indexes on the barrel.
Night sights.........there's very little actual info regarding compatibility for these new pistols. I've been searching for days. The email I recieved from Dave at trijicon was as follows:
"Thank you for your inquiry and interest in Trijicon products. The Beretta 92X uses the same sights as the Beretta 92A1 and 96A1."
So, there's that little tidbit as well. I hope this long-winded post is a help to anyone that's on the fence about the new berettas. Pics will follow as soon as I can take some decent ones. Thanks again, to everyone who's helped me and done business with me in the past.

AdioSS

Re: Review (sort of) of beretta's 92x centurion

Post by AdioSS »

For the night sights I would recommend the Ameriglo Spartan sights. The front is a bright orange circle with Tritium in the middle & the rear is blacked out plus the Tritium dots. All the Vertec slides (M9A3/4, Elite LTT, & 92X), the 92A1, 90-two, and even the old 8000 series Cougar use the same sight cuts. I have the Spartan sights on my MiniCougar.

carlson1

Re: Review (sort of) of beretta's 92x centurion

Post by carlson1 »

Not a 92x, but this is my Venturion LTT with is his RDO slide with my RMR. It is my designated Church gun.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”