It finally happened. My wife is shopping for holsters!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

It finally happened. My wife is shopping for holsters!

Post by C-dub »

In the past 20+ years, since our daughter was born she has had an interest in self-defense. It was when she first agreed to let me purchase and keep a handgun in our house. That quickly lead to getting my CHL. A few years later she agreed to learn to shoot what I had at the time, Glock 22 & 27. She liked the full size 22 and shot with it well enough.

It's been more than ten years since then and she has a renewed interest in being able to shoot again. I acquired a S&W LadySmith from a member here and she likes that quite a bit, but she also likes shiny things. I've missed out on one or two things Carlson1 has put up for sale recently, but not last week. I was able to snag a beautiful stainless Walther PPK/S and she loves it. We went out to the range today and after she figured out she likes and shoots better left-handed she did great. After we returned home she was doing something on her phone (not unusual) and came over to show me a conceal carry purse and some other belly band system that is kinda like appendix carry, but a little higher up.

Now that she's figured out which hand she likes shooting with we will also revisit the LadySmith as a carry option for her. She's looking forward to getting out to the range with me again. It might not be until it's a little cooler, but still excited.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”