Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Shout out to Bushnell Customer Service

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Twitter thread here:

For those who don’t have a twitter account, here’s the story…

Several years ago, my son and I purchased a Legend Tactical 15-45x60 T-series spotting scope. This $625 spotting scope has a MRAD-type reticle and a lifetime no questions asked warranty.

A little over a year ago, we sent it back for repairs because the focus and magnification rings got boogered up —not sure how—and didn’t work anymore. We got it back in about 3 weeks. Problem is, I checked to see if the focus/magnification rings worked when we got it back, but neither of us actually took it out and used it for several months.

When my son took it to the range one day 3 months ago, he found that it had been returned to us with the reticle cocked off of vertical, about 10-15° to the left. It was unusable for its purpose. So I sent it back in to Bushnell to repair the reticle.

A few weeks went by, and I checked with Bushnell's customer service department to see when I could expect to receive the repaired scope. The CSR told me that they couldn’t repair it, but that they would happily replace it with like kind. I said I was ok with that, but that it HAD to have a MRAD reticle, because THAT was the feature for which we originally bought the scope. The CSR stated that they were currently out of stock, and that replacement scopes were coming in only a few at a time and being sent out to waiting warranty customers as they came in. I was something like 15th on the list. So I said I’d call back around mid-December to see if mine would be coming anytime soon.

So, I called Bushnell's customer service department again today, and it appears that I’m not going to be able to get a 1:1 replacement at this time, but if I wanted to, he could upgrade me to the next model in that line. So that’s what we’re doing.

The replacement scope will be their $1,750 LMSS2 Elite Tactical spotting scope, with the Tremor 4 reticle (an upgrade to the Horus H322 reticle)...at no extra charge to us. That is impressive customer support.

The scope that was damaged and it’s reticle: https://www.bushnell.com/additional-pro ... 545ED.html
ImageImage

The replacement I’ll be receiving and its reticle:
https://www.bushnell.com/additional-pro ... 00138.html
ImageImage

It took a while to get this sorted out, but Bushnell's customer service and support has been cheerfully helpful all the way, and the upgrade is very much appreciated.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Shout out to Bushnell Customer Service

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I received the replacement scope yesterday…just 2 days after my call to Bushnell customer service. It’s a VERY cool optic, and I’m looking forward to the opportunity to use it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rafe »

Where's that "like" button...

It isn't a fair generalization, but I gotta say that most of my customer service interactions with gun-related companies have all gone very well; I can think of only one exception in the past decade. Conversely, service interactions with other industry segments seem like a 50/50 toss-up whether the experience will end satisfactorily, or with me needing stronger hypertension medication.

Let us know how the new spotter dials in!
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

Glad they treated you well. They do have great customer service.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”