What gun related gifts did you receive?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

What gun related gifts did you receive?

Post by RPBrown »

My lovely wife got me 2 matching Tucker HF-1 holsters. 1 for my Officers 1911's and also works with my P938 and the other for my Prodigy. Gotta love that woman
IMG_0272.jpg
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

flowrie

Re: What gun related gifts did you receive?

Post by flowrie »

My wife and I just let each other know what we would like.
So I picked some Ranger Precision accessories for my Henry X in 44 mag.
Muzzle brake, hammer extension, stock take down thumb screw.
Attachments
IMG_1122.jpg
IMG_1120.jpg
IMG_1119.jpg
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

Not exactly gun related, but my wife gave me a shoulder bag with side pockets that will replace an old soft zippered cooler bag that I put my hunting stuff in, i.e gloves, ammo, binocs, face mask watch cap, etc. That'll make it easier to climb into my stand. Gun related she gave me a Gun Vault Micro Vault MV550-19.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Not one this year. Most of my gifts were geared towards smoking meat.

Although, I did get myself some #9 rounds today to try out on the trap field and see how that works.

I did find some 30/30 a few weeks ago for my "son-in-law" that I've been looking for a couple of years for him. He was shocked that I found any. He hasn't been able to find any. I don't think it was especially difficult to find this year. I was at BassPro for something else and took a chance and got lucky.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:42 pm Not one this year. Most of my gifts were geared towards smoking meat.

Although, I did get myself some #9 rounds today to try out on the trap field and see how that works.

I did find some 30/30 a few weeks ago for my "son-in-law" that I've been looking for a couple of years for him. He was shocked that I found any. He hasn't been able to find any. I don't think it was especially difficult to find this year. I was at BassPro for something else and took a chance and got lucky.
I'm intrigued by the fact .30-30 was so difficult to find. I've never had any trouble finding it. Is it a particular brand, bullet design or weight that he wanted? BTW when you smoke your meat which end do you light? Just kidding!!!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

puma guy wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:24 pm
C-dub wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:42 pm Not one this year. Most of my gifts were geared towards smoking meat.

I'm intrigued by the fact .30-30 was so difficult to find. I've never had any trouble finding it. Is it a particular brand, bullet design or weight that he wanted? BTW when you smoke your meat which end do you light? Just kidding!!!
I couldn’t find it at BassPro, Cabelas, Academy, or on-line last year.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

JRG

Post by JRG »

I got a new CYA holster for my Glock 26MOS and a set of suppressor height night sights (Ameri glo) for that Glock also.

Joe

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I got a heat-resistant suppressor storage bag, a heat-resistant suppressor cover, and a suppressor "oven mitt" for removing/handling hot suppressors.

Non-gun related: a bottle of Knob Creek Smoked Maple bourbon, and a Corkcicle Whiskey Wedge bourbon glass.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

My daughter (who is the same person who had the amazing idea to gift me the CHL Instructor’s Course years ago) bought me some quality leather and leather working tools so I could build my own OWB holster for my Walther PDP.

I’d mentioned a few months ago that I was thinking about doing this, and she apparently heard me saying as much. I’m definitely blessed to have my two girls (Mrs VolTexan & Li’l Miss VolTexan) in my life.

And here’s something to make my friends from the south Houston LTC Breakfast club feel old: that young’n y’all remember eating pancakes with us on first Fridays just got her first car as her Christmas / birthday gift this week!
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

My new Gun Vault Micro vault wouldn't open even with the key, so my wife had to return it to Academy. They were out of the model she originally purchased, so she got the two pistol version. I reminded her of what we call the "family umbrella of doom" when first one was bad order. LOL

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

$110 worth of ammo at Academy. :cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”