Shot Show '24 Winchester Ranger .22 LR Lever Gun

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Shot Show '24 Winchester Ranger .22 LR Lever Gun

Post by puma guy »

Winchester has come out with a .22 lever action rifle. Marlin's demise of the Model 39 left a big hole in the market. The price point on this rifle is much less than you would think for a machined receiver made of something beside a cheap alloy. Really nice breakdown and easy breech end cleaning. I love .22's and own far too many, including a couple of Marlin 39's and a Winchester 9422 and I am probably going to have trouble exercising self control if it handles and feels as good as the video shows. I know it's not a CCW, but a fellow has to plink!

KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shot Show '24 Winchester Ranger .22 LR Lever Gun

Post by Grayling813 »

Nice, I'm going to have to add this one to my collection. Been wanting a .22 lever gun.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Yes, a fellow has to plink! Make mine a Henry Octagon Frontier.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Had to stop watching after he broke it down to avoid another purchase. I’m still eyeing an M1 Carbine and those chances are slipping away due to other things popping up that require funds.

I also have a few .22’s and one is a Henry Evil Roy. I think that is hard to beat. And a Winchester 1906 purchased new in 1910 by my great-grandpa and handed down through my grandma, dad, and now me. Will hopefully go to one of my grandchildren.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:30 am Had to stop watching after he broke it down to avoid another purchase. I’m still eyeing an M1 Carbine and those chances are slipping away due to other things popping up that require funds.

I also have a few .22’s and one is a Henry Evil Roy. I think that is hard to beat. And a Winchester 1906 purchased new in 1910 by my great-grandpa and handed down through my grandma, dad, and now me. Will hopefully go to one of my grandchildren.
They did a good job. I have way too many .22 rifles, even a couple of the last iteration of the 1890 an 1906 Winchester, the 62A. I may end up being in the want to purchase category rather the need to category. Hope you get your M1 Carbine. Way back in the day when I reloaded I blew through lots of .30 Carbine ammo with the two I had. They are a hoot to shoot.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”