Aftermarket sights
43%

Total votes: 14

Topic author
jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 2

Glock Sights

Post by jbirds1210 »

I do not care for the factory sights on my Glock 17, any suggestions on a replacement? Is it necessary to buy a tool to replace the sights? I would prefer to replace the factory sights with something that glows all green and puurrty. Thanks. :P
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

All my Glocks have the factory night sights, which are also available aftermarket. I like them a lot. Very bright and give a good sight picture.

JLaw

Re: Glock Sights

Post by JLaw »

jbirds1210 wrote: Is it necessary to buy a tool to replace the sights?
Yes, I've seen in some aftermarket catalogs a sight pusher-oner-thingy for the rear sight, if memory serves it's just under $100.00. However I don't know about the front sight, not sure how it's secured in place.

Here's a link to the page:

http://www.glockstore.com/pgroup_descri ... _id%3D4%26

And my sights are factory, mainly because my Glock is so HUGE that it see's more time in the safe than in the holster. I would love to trade it for a G23.

My G21 for your G23? Anybody? Anybody? Oh well.

JLaw

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 3

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I have actually gotten used to the stock sights on my G23 (and no, you can't have it! :wink: )

I like the "pocket effect" I get with that system...The contrast helps me discern a good sight picture in fluid shooting situations...

I am sure I could get used to the "night sights" available for these pistols that are available out there...But night sights are not much use in daylight to me (go figure :lol: )...

In lighted conditions, there is not much contrast to them and they are hard to line up properly in my opinion...duh?

But...

If there ever was to be some sort of merge between the two, I'd jump on that bandwagon in a NY minute...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Paladin

Re: Glock Sights

Post by Paladin »

jbirds1210 wrote:I do not care for the factory sights on my Glock 17, any suggestions on a replacement? Is it necessary to buy a tool to replace the sights? I would prefer to replace the factory sights with something that glows all green and puurrty. Thanks. :P
Trijicon Night Sights are nice. I would suggest that you make the front site a different color than the rear sights.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

onerifle

Post by onerifle »

I have Trij's on my 23. I shipped it to Glock shortly after I bought it to have them installed.They're about 11 years old now; I'll probably be switching to Meps very soon. I have Meps on my PM9. They seem brighter than the Trij's. I keep telling myself I'm gonna try XS Big Dot Sights, but I want to try them on someone else's gun before I buy 'em for mine. :wink:

Rumor has it that the stock factory plastic sights are prone to breakage.
"A man who asks is a fool for five minutes- a man who does not ask is a fool forever."

OverEasy

Post by OverEasy »

jbirds1210,
I like the stock sights on mine. However I'ld take nightsights if somebody gave them to me. (I'm too cheap to buy them)
FYI; http://www.theglockguy.com (Jack Tippit) sells parts for reasonable prices and he will install stuff you buy from him free or cheap. He will install stuff you buy someplace else for a reasonable fee. I bought a 3.5# trigger bar and the 'NY' spring from him at a show at Reliant Center a year or so ago. He installed it and polished the trigger parts while I wandered around the show. I found him to be honest and competent and he answered several emails I sent him quickly. I plan on having him put a smooth trigger on my Glock next time I'm able to get to show he is at.
Regards, OE
NRA
TSRA
JPFO
American Legion
USN (69-77)
What did you expect?

Topic author
jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 2

Glock

Post by jbirds1210 »

Thanks OE,
I think I have visited with this guy before...I will look him up when I am ready. Thanks to everyone for the ideas! Have a great day.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

If I had a Glock, and I have shot a few at IDPA and prefer my XD9, I would have after market sights on it. Probably XS big dots.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I actually saw someone this last weekend that had that flourecent tube "front sight" on an XD, or it may have been a Glock...

I actually like that idea, but forgot who puts out a product like that...And is it something I could figure out how to install???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

sensei

Post by sensei »

All my glocks have Meprolights. Green on green. Get them installed by Jack at the Pasadena gun shows for $69.00. Can't beat the sights or the deal.

Ray

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

sensei wrote:All my glocks have Meprolights. Green on green. Get them installed by Jack at the Pasadena gun shows for $69.00. Can't beat the sights or the deal.

Ray
Yep, couldn't recall the name/maker right then...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”