Rebecca Suspended. YEA!!!? Badgering a Victim! NEW INFO

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

dihappy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rebecca Suspended. YEA!!!? Badgering a Victim! NEW INFO

Post by dihappy »

"I just think it's really sad that I gave this company 14 years and I did about 6,000 interviews," Aguilar said. "And now I'm out of a job because of one interview? It's like in one swoop it ruined my reputation. It ruined my name."
No lady, YOU ruined your reputation, YOU ruined your name!

Trainman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Trainman »

"I just think it's really sad that I gave this company 14 years and I did about 6,000 interviews," Aguilar said. "And now I'm out of a job because of one interview? It's like in one swoop it ruined my reputation. It ruined my name."
Spoken like a arrogant journalist who self-imposed their own importance above the topic of the story she was assigned. In this case she was of more value than the focus of her story and she placed herself on a higher plateau than the subject of her interview.

rkhal

Post by rkhal »

What about the producer and editor who allowed the interview on the air? Seems to me that Rebecca could not have gotten the interview aired by herself. Someone approved it and while I think she was obnoxious I don't think she is the one responsible. I think Fox just threw her to the wolves to save her superiors at the station.
Glock: The original point and click interface.

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 3

Post by HighVelocity »

rkhal wrote:What about the producer and editor who allowed the interview on the air? Seems to me that Rebecca could not have gotten the interview aired by herself. Someone approved it and while I think she was obnoxious I don't think she is the one responsible. I think Fox just threw her to the wolves to save her superiors at the station.
I wouldn't be surprised if they aired it without reviewing it first. And even if they did review it prior to broadcast, they're likely so callous that it seemed perfectly normal to them.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Thanks for the update on the story. It's good to know she's been fired. I read the blog and her own reply. She still thinks she was doing the right thing and asking the right questions. She's not appologetic and in her opinion, was wronged by the station. Good riddance Rebecca.
Charlie

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”