Michael Moore, Bowling for Columbine

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1


Topic author
lawrnk
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 1584
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:36 am
Location: Sienna Plantation, TX (FT BEND)

Michael Moore, Bowling for Columbine

#1

Post by lawrnk » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:04 pm

So, I didn't buy it or rent it. I didn't want a nickel to go to Moore.
Some of you are likely surprised I watched it, but it makes sense. I figured it is like reading the other teams playbook.

The movie is sometimes entertaining and slightly funny (the bank giving him a gun for opening an account) to sad (footage of the columbine killings) to infuriating (when he bullies Kmart into ceasing sales of ammo), but I must admit that as conservative as one might get, the movie was powerful propoganda. Largly false, feeding on bull statistics and media hype, he did a good job at convincing america that guns are evil. That is what scares me. As with his horrible movie about 9/11, believe it I say Moore is going to release some sort of hodge podge of his topics right before the 2008 election.

If you can get a copy without renting or buying, I think it's good to be aware of the propoganda that the democrats are pushing.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

User avatar

stevie_d_64
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 7588
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:17 pm
Location: Houston, Texas 77089
Contact:

#2

Post by stevie_d_64 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:50 pm

How much did you spend???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!


Topic author
lawrnk
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 1584
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:36 am
Location: Sienna Plantation, TX (FT BEND)

#3

Post by lawrnk » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:18 pm

stevie_d_64 wrote:How much did you spend???
I borrowed it from someone
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

User avatar

stevie_d_64
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 7588
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:17 pm
Location: Houston, Texas 77089
Contact:

#4

Post by stevie_d_64 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:32 pm

lawrnk wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:How much did you spend???
I borrowed it from someone
Even better... ;-)

Hope it wasn't my cousin Vinnie from Jersey...His collection technique is a bit...Unique, shall we say??? :lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!


Topic author
lawrnk
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 1584
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:36 am
Location: Sienna Plantation, TX (FT BEND)

#5

Post by lawrnk » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:44 pm

stevie_d_64 wrote:
lawrnk wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:How much did you spend???
I borrowed it from someone
Even better... ;-)

Hope it wasn't my cousin Vinnie from Jersey...His collection technique is a bit...Unique, shall we say??? :lol:
Er..it might have had a homemade label :cool:
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA


shootthesheet
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 961
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:58 pm

#6

Post by shootthesheet » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:57 pm

They ran it a few years ago on one of the Leftists networks that found a home on my satellite somehow. I guess I paid for it but knowing Socialists they probably pay to have the network on the system. Anyway, I watched about 10 minutes of it and had to turn it off. Same with AlGore and his made up bile on video. BFC, for its time, did have the ignorant masses turning anti until we were able to cut it apart and challenge people to do the research themselves. I guess some did because the issue started going better for our side not long after. Now most people know him for the non-truth teller he is. They will with Gore too some day if the people will get the flash from the international Socialists media and other groups out of their eyes long enough to check the facts.

The same type of people as M.M. have already made and released a few high profile anti-national defense movies that have done horribly. I expect more anti-religion movies like "The Golden Compass" and especially one on anti-Mormonism if Romney looks like he is going to be the Nominee. If not, it will be a few movies that just cover all Conservative issues like they did before and during the Clinton embarrassment. I expect more of the anti-self defense and anti-gun movies and so called "documentaries" to be coming. I don't think they have a choice anymore. Hollywood is all they have left with any kind of power to influence those that don't pay attention to politics until a week before the general election. With gas prices the way they are that is very questionable too. But, that is just opinion.


Topic author
lawrnk
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 1584
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:36 am
Location: Sienna Plantation, TX (FT BEND)

#7

Post by lawrnk » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:37 pm

shootthesheet wrote:They ran it a few years ago on one of the Leftists networks that found a home on my satellite somehow. I guess I paid for it but knowing Socialists they probably pay to have the network on the system. Anyway, I watched about 10 minutes of it and had to turn it off. Same with AlGore and his made up bile on video. BFC, for its time, did have the ignorant masses turning anti until we were able to cut it apart and challenge people to do the research themselves. I guess some did because the issue started going better for our side not long after. Now most people know him for the non-truth teller he is. They will with Gore too some day if the people will get the flash from the international Socialists media and other groups out of their eyes long enough to check the facts.

The same type of people as M.M. have already made and released a few high profile anti-national defense movies that have done horribly. I expect more anti-religion movies like "The Golden Compass" and especially one on anti-Mormonism if Romney looks like he is going to be the Nominee. If not, it will be a few movies that just cover all Conservative issues like they did before and during the Clinton embarrassment. I expect more of the anti-self defense and anti-gun movies and so called "documentaries" to be coming. I don't think they have a choice anymore. Hollywood is all they have left with any kind of power to influence those that don't pay attention to politics until a week before the general election. With gas prices the way they are that is very questionable too. But, that is just opinion.

Agree, I hear golden compass is a movie that pretend to emulate CS Lewis but in the movie God is killed in the end. Director is a huge athiest.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA


KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 3:32 am
Location: Texarkana

#8

Post by KBCraig » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:17 am

Moore has repeatedly said publicly that people are free to dowload, rip, copy, redistribute, etc., Columbine.

Given his tendency to be a lying hypocrite, I wouldn't be surprised if he pursued copyright infringement charges against someone who did so, though.

User avatar

nitrogen
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2322
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Sachse, TX
Contact:

#9

Post by nitrogen » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:31 am

I loved Michael Moore's first movie, Roger and Me.

I haven't completely forgiven him for Bowling For Columbine, though.

The thing about polemics like Moore's movie is that they stimulate conversation. Sometimes, as in the case of Bowling, it's a great view into how anti's work, and shouldn't be ignored.

One day, I'd love to take Bowling for Columbine, and splice bits of Bowling For Truth into it, and release it on the internet.
(In fact, if any of you folks are good at video production, it might be a fun project.)

And yes, I own a copy of that blasted movie. My parents gave it to me for my birthday several years ago. The main reason i've kept it is because I want to do the above-mentioned project one day.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous


Shootstir
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Abilene, TX.

#10

Post by Shootstir » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:44 am

stevie_d_64 wrote:How much did you spend???

Most of these movies can be checked out at your local library if they offer videos, DVD's, etc. You don't pay anything to the producers-writers-authors, but you support your local library- which I like. I do this occasionally when I want to watch "the other team's playbook", as one post said further up the chain here. That and I enjoy shooting down the anti's and the leftists on other forums when they cite this kind of drivel. Not only do I have "ammo" for my argument, I have citations at the ready. Kind of hard to defeat a prepared debater whose done his/her homework.

Keep the faith guys, and don't give up on the '08 election just yet. Hillary is on the slide and I think she will definitely stay there for a while. Just enough to let one of the others take her place- and get soundly defeated in Nov.
NRA Lifemember
Kimber Pro Carry
(.45ACP)
CHL circa 1998

"If it comes at you snarling with tooth and claw, it's better to empty the magazine before asking questions."


Topic author
lawrnk
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 1584
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:36 am
Location: Sienna Plantation, TX (FT BEND)

#11

Post by lawrnk » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:58 am

Is bowling for truth something that is out there already, or a project you are thinking about?
nitrogen wrote:I loved Michael Moore's first movie, Roger and Me.

I haven't completely forgiven him for Bowling For Columbine, though.

The thing about polemics like Moore's movie is that they stimulate conversation. Sometimes, as in the case of Bowling, it's a great view into how anti's work, and shouldn't be ignored.

One day, I'd love to take Bowling for Columbine, and splice bits of Bowling For Truth into it, and release it on the internet.
(In fact, if any of you folks are good at video production, it might be a fun project.)

And yes, I own a copy of that blasted movie. My parents gave it to me for my birthday several years ago. The main reason i've kept it is because I want to do the above-mentioned project one day.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA


JasonH
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:12 am

#12

Post by JasonH » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:23 am

I've enjoyed everything Michael Moore has made.

Usually it's infuriating to watch since I don't agree with almost anything he says but I think he's a good filmmaker who deserves the accolades he's won.

I just wish the right had somebody as talented as him making documentaries - not that the national media would pay much attention to it. I'd sure love to see it though.

User avatar

nitrogen
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2322
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Sachse, TX
Contact:

#13

Post by nitrogen » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:54 am

lawrnk wrote:Is bowling for truth something that is out there already, or a project you are thinking about?
http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html
A blow by blow rebuttal to Bowling For Columbine. I'd love to make it into movie form, cutting these bits and pieces into Moore's movie.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous


Topic author
lawrnk
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 1584
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:36 am
Location: Sienna Plantation, TX (FT BEND)

#14

Post by lawrnk » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:11 pm

JasonH wrote:I've enjoyed everything Michael Moore has made.

Usually it's infuriating to watch since I don't agree with almost anything he says but I think he's a good filmmaker who deserves the accolades he's won.

I just wish the right had somebody as talented as him making documentaries - not that the national media would pay much attention to it. I'd sure love to see it though.
I started watching "Sicko" last night. You are right, he is really talented...for a nut job.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6425
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Michael Moore, Bowling for Columbine

#15

Post by philip964 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:20 am

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/world/ ... 3Afacebook

Knife attack at an elementary school in Russia leaves 15 wounded. The two most seriously were a teacher and an older student who attempted to stop the two older students from their rampage to kill everyone in the school.

Apparently there are websites and social media groups devoted to Columbine. These two apparently liked to visit these sites.

Post Reply

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”