Weapons that you DON'T regret selling or trading

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

TLE2
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Weapons that you DON'T regret selling or trading

Post by TLE2 »

I bought and sold a Sigma in less than a week. What a piece of junk. Also sold a pistol grip shotty that I bought as a favor only.

Regrets I have only one: My Remington 22. Hunted lots of little creatures with it. Accurate and reliable.

One I will never sell: Kimber TLE II.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Jweaver

Post by Jweaver »

That dae woo triple action actually looks pretty cool to me if I could figure it out. Why was the trigger not at half pull when it was cocked though?

JSThane
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JSThane »

I love zombie threads. :biggrinjester:

I regret most of the things I've sold, with a couple exceptions. I had a Kahr PM40, and it was the second most unpleasant gun I've ever shot. With the flush-fit magazine, it tried launching itself from my hands no matter how I held it. It was much-tamed with the extended magazine, but that completely destroyed the added conceal-utility the PM series has. Essentially, the pistol was fair-useless unless I made it less concealable. I sold that on a loss, and never looked back.

The other exception is any gun with the Taurus logo on it, with special attention given to the worst gun I've ever owned: A Taurus Tracker in .44 Magnum. It wasn't that the gun was poorly made, because it wasn't - that honor goes to the Taurus J-frame clone I had around the same time. It wasn't that it was made with cheap materials, because it wasn't - I had a Jennings J-22 at the time, shot thousands of rounds through it, and never broke it. It also wasn't that it had a bad trigger, because it didn't - again, that honor goes to the Taurus .38.
No, that Tracker was the worst gun I ever owned because it was unshootable. Despite the ported barrel, despite the "recoil reducing" grip, despite padded shooting gloves, there was simply no way to shoot that gun and not have it attempt to amputate your thumb while the front sight aimed itself straight for your forehead. I have an Airweight J-frame. I have a Redhawk .44. I have a single-shot -.454-. Nothing I have found is anywhere nearly as brutal as that Tracker was.

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

Bersa 380. Tried 2 of them, could not get along with the SA trigger.
SKS - tried 3, never warmed up to them. Big old chunky things
FIE Derringer 2-rnd 38spl - That thing hurt my hand. got a nice 10/22 for it
Glock 26 - Just too fat for me.
Heritage Arms revolver - Not bad for the money, but it's still a cheap gun.
NAA revolver .22 short. too small to hold, and I never did find a 2nd one to make cufflinks
Ruger P89D Built like a tank, but too heavy
S&W 22A-1 - Grip like a 2x4
Taurus 1911 - alloy frame ruins the balance
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Piney

Post by Piney »

I didn't realize I've met a lot of y'all over the years. I think I've bought many of these that y'all have sold LOL

AMT Backup x2-- didnt look back. I've still got an old rusted up .380. I got it out the other day-- I think its a gonner.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

My first handgun I bought was a S&W Sigma 9mm. Biggest piece of junk ever. Jammed every other shot, failure to feed ect. I sent it off to S&W twice for the issues, they would tinker with it and say they shot 15rds out of it no problem. I would get it back and not be able to get off more than 3rds. I had enough and sold it to a dealer and only took a $25 loss. I was not impressed with S&W warranty gunsmiths. No way did the firearm function perfectly with them and I only have problems. I used many different types of ammo also, didn't make a difference.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

flechero

Post by flechero »

I regret selling almost every gun I have sold... at some point after the sale I have come (again) to realize why I bought it or realized I didn't need the money so badly. The only exception was an old (out of time) Vaquero- I miss it but sold it for more than the new ones cost so I could replace it without really costing me anything.

texas yankee

Post by texas yankee »

Stoeger Lugars - two of them - nothing but problems for me - I told the guys I sold them to that I had problems - they must have been better with the guns than I was - they got decent performance - must have been ammo related, although I tried all kinds of different ammo . . .
What's in it for me ? :patriot:

92f-fan

Post by 92f-fan »

A highly modified Kimber whos trigger was far too light for me
A Walther 22 that was just awful - poor build quality - poor accuracy - picky about ammo

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

A Beretta 12 Ga Silver Snipe O/U I bought in the 60's. Traded it for a stereo. Lower barrel patterned 18" high at 30yd and upper patterned 18" low. Should have sent it back to Beretta, but I need a stereo.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

92f-fan wrote:A highly modified Kimber whos trigger was far too light for me
A Walther 22 that was just awful - poor build quality - poor accuracy - picky about ammo
Yeah, that Kimber had the lightest pull of any gun I had ever fired. That thing was crazy.

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

Hey - I just remembered I can participate in this thread :woohoo .

I bought a used stainless steel Ruger Mini14 back in the 80s to carry on the boat. That thing was deadly accurate out to maybe 5 yards, I had the sights adjusted as far as they would go and never could dial it in, so it lived under the bed for years. Took it to a LGS here to see if he could work with it and he "wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole." Traded it in on my M&P9c and never looked back.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

Taurus TCP 738

nyj

Post by nyj »

Kel tec PF9 and a gen 4 Glock 19 (way too unreliable).

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

nyj wrote:Kel tec PF9 and a gen 4 Glock 19 (way too unreliable).
What was wrong with the 19??

I have plenty of regrets of guns I've sold but only not regret one, a Taurus PT 908. Probably back in the early 90's when there weren't as many options as they are no (and before I caught onto Glock) for a compact 9mm. Single stack 9mm that could be fired double action or cocked and locked ala 1911. Heavy for what it was (but in hindsight a proper belt and holster would have solved that), to many sharp edges, and unreliably fired 115 grain ammo and hated aluminum cased CCI ammo that I bought for the range. Still have a couple of magazines for it I really need to see if I can sell.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”