Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
CJATE
Posts in topic: 2

Hanging pistol on safe inner door?

Post by CJATE »

Anyone invested in a “System�?
anyone have a problem?

I would be sick if my whole pistol collection fell onto of my whole long gun collection. I don’t know that I trust velco that much, but there seems to be a lot of “systems� available.

I am more incline to make something, think I am going to make straps that screw into the inner door over the velcro, but I thought I would ask. perhaps one of each, one set strap (screwed in) one vleco holding it tight?

Guess I could make a sock and screw it into the inner door.

rm9792
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hanging pistol on safe inner door?

Post by rm9792 »

I have over a dozen hanging on a door, some steel framed with full mags. No issues and velcro seems to be holding up. The velcro is pretty strong. I saw another guys safe using what looked like wood dowels, but i dont know how he mounted them.

Thane

Post by Thane »

I have a safe with little peg-holes in the inner door's metal, intended for hanging shelves/cubby-holes. I took those out, and fashioned pistol hangers out of old clothes hangers, the wire type with some sort of nylon coating (to protect the pistols' finish). While it doesn't hold revolvers very well, it is more than adequate for semi-autos (particularly my 1911s and Hi-Powers).

Just an idea.

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

I orderd a setup with my safe and it works very well. The holsters are the Acorn brand and the velcro is strong. I have full size all steel 1911's hanging in it with no problems.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

When I ordered my Fort Knox, I got both the door racks which work very well to hang very long barreled handguns and the Velcro holsters which are applied in between the rows of the racks as well as the interior walls of the safe.

I've never had one fall or any other type problem.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

I found this on Bud's...http://www.securitysafeoutlet.com/catal ... cts_id/223

I have the same thing by a different manufacturer and it works great.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

JohnS-TX

Post by JohnS-TX »

I have a Browning safe that has a relatively thin sheet of metal on the inside of the door. I used peg-board hooks and covered the hook portion with black rubber tubing. Drilled holes in the inter door panel for the hooks. Just to make darn sure the hooks wouldn't get dislodged, I drilled a small hole in the portion of the hook that goes inside of the panel and put a very small cotter pin in it. Have several pistols hanging on the door and this has worked very nicely.

Topic author
CJATE

Post by CJATE »

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”