LCP Recall

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

blackgold
Posts in topic: 1

Re: LCP Recall

Post by blackgold »

My mother bought an LCP recently 378 serial number. She shot it 3 times at the range, less than 150 rounds and it stopped firing. Handed it to me and I saw a pin sticking out the frame. upon further inspection that pin was what the hammer rode on so when it popped out one side completely it let the hammer not sit straight and not fire properly. Ruger was very prompt with repair, we got it back in about a week and a half. Took it to the range and fired 50 rounds through it and about halfway through the pin started backing out again. I tapped it back in and she continued to fire it. She's had a few FTFs with it, think it may be due to limp wristing it. We had our CHL class yesterday.. While we waited for her LCP to come back I convinced her into a sig P238. She got one a few days before the CHL class. SHot it Saturday to get comfortable with it then shot for the class. She did pretty well. Did have 2 FTFs (again think it was limp wristing on those two). She wants to keep the LCP but we are worried about the pin so time will tell if we keep it or not.
Brian

alvins

Post by alvins »

you guys do realise this thread has been open since 2008 and finally stopped in 2010 and someone had to reopen it for what reason?

tornado
Posts in topic: 12

Post by tornado »

alvins on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:52 am wrote:you guys do realise this thread has been open since 2008 and finally stopped in 2010 and someone had to reopen it for what reason?
Unless there was a more recent post that got deleted, yours was the first since Mon Feb 04, 2013. :confused5

EDIT 06/22/2018: Apparently someone posted under me late last night then deleted it.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 23

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

In Before Da Lock! :biggrinjester:

Terryr21

Post by Terryr21 »

Still not locked? :coolgleamA:

Weldonjr2001

Post by Weldonjr2001 »

Oh well, since it’s still here…
My 1st Gen LCP is still working fine after several (never counted) hundred rounds. Never a malfunction of any type.
The pins did tend to walk out after a while, easy enoug to put them flush again. Ruger did send me new ones, but never bothered to put them in.
I never found the trigger pull to be the problem some complain about.
Easy to hit a bowling pin at 25 yards with at least a couple rounds out of each mag, and easy to empty the mag at point blank range, where I would most likely be using it for serious purposes.
Anyway, sure like mine.
And this is NOT an April Fools joke.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Had my LCP for about 8 years now, it is my EDC. So comfortable in a pancake holster I forget I have it on, and have even inadvertently walked past a 30.06 sign without thinking.

Only problem I had once was the ejection sear broke off. Got a new part from Ruger, watched a YouTube video and fixed it myself.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”