LCP Recall

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

PArrow
Posts in topic: 6

Re: LCP Recall

Post by PArrow »

OK, Dropped mine at the UPS office this morning...Now the waiting starts.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the Body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind . . . Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
--Thomas Jefferson

tornado
Posts in topic: 12

Post by tornado »

PArrow wrote:OK, Dropped mine ...
Did it accidentally fire? :biggrinjester:

I still need to get mine to the range. But all seems well when dis/reassembling it. And I do like the improved slide stop.

PArrow

Post by PArrow »

tornado wrote:

I still need to get mine to the range. But all seems well when dis/reassembling it. And I do like the improved slide stop.
BTW. For those of youwho have their's back. How did it arrive? UPS didn't just lean it against the door like they do other packages did they?
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the Body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind . . . Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
--Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 23

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

PArrow wrote:
tornado wrote:

BTW. For those of youwho have their's back. How did it arrive? UPS didn't just lean it against the door like they do other packages did they?
Gosh No....they make you sign for it. Ruger doesn't want us claiming we didn't get it when we did.

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Got empty shipping box in mail yesterday. Letter said, with shipping, to expect it back in about 2 weeks. Just dropped it off at UPS store in Flower Mound. We shall see ...
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

thankGod
Posts in topic: 3

Post by thankGod »

Greybeard wrote:Got empty shipping box in mail yesterday. Letter said, with shipping, to expect it back in about 2 weeks. Just dropped it off at UPS store in Flower Mound. We shall see ...

If Ruger is still having a parts shortage, then it may take longer than 2 weeks. Mine did. However, if the parts shortage is the mag extension, then they may be more timely as they shipped my LCP back without it. It will come later.
thankGod
NRA Life Member
TSRA
"Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong." 1Cor16:13

kidder014
Posts in topic: 5

Post by kidder014 »

I think I'm done with Ruger.

Quick recap. My LCP came back from the recall damaged. I called and was told to send it back in and it would be repaired and rushed back to me. Several calls this week to Ruger to check on the status have resulted in nothing. The "LCP Recall Department" can't help me, since they have already handled the gun, and I must talk to customer service. I've left several messages on the customer service line over the past week or two but have yet to receive a call back. The ONE time I actually got someone on the phone in customer service, she told me she would have to walk back and check on it, and would call me back in about an hour to hour an half... that was 3 days ago.

I've verified with the LCP Recall department that they have my correct number. I've left my number for customer service in every message I've left. I even put it in the box with the gun when I shipped it to them the second time.

I have been without the gun for, well, going on almost 2 months now, and I'm not getting anywhere with them on the phone.

Ruger, I think you've lost a customer.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 9

Post by carlson1 »

Kidder sorry you are having so much trouble. Mine was a very smooth transition. I guess I got in at the first of the recalls. They are great little pistols, if you can get one that is not damage. I had the problem you are having, but only with Smith and Wesson on a .45. It took them four months to fix the pistol and I had to pay the shipping. I hope you see results soon.

magicglock
Posts in topic: 4

Post by magicglock »

I signed up on the website over 3 weeks ago and I finally received my return materials in the mail today. I have been very happy with my LCP until the last trip to the range. I noticed that the finish is flaking off around the recess of the hammer. I included an additional note to Ruger to see if they will take care of finish issue along with the recall. After hearing about some of your experiences with Ruger, I do not have high expectations that this issue will be resolved even though it is very apparent in the area that the diamond marking is applied to indicate the recall service has been performed. I will post again when my pistol is returned. For now, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

garcia946

Post by garcia946 »

Went to my local gun store yesterday looking just to see if they had a LCP. Nope no got...
But one of the guys told me about a second recall , something about the barrel. On prefix 371-XXX
So I may hold off alittle while longer. :???:
Last edited by garcia946 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Instructor/RSO
Glock 27 .40 , Sig P229 .40
Right To Carry CHL

garcia946

Post by garcia946 »

anyone else heard this???
NRA Instructor/RSO
Right To Carry CHL

PArrow

Post by PArrow »

Got mine back yesterday, Feb 4 to Feb 16 12 days, not too bad.
--Thomas Jefferson

PArrow

Post by PArrow »

garcia946 wrote:Went to my local gun store yesterday looking just to see if they had a LCP. Nope no got...
But one of the guys told me about a second recall , something about the barrel. On prefix 371-XXX

Not heard anything of a second recall. Where did you hear it?
--Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 23

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

PArrow wrote:
garcia946 wrote:Went to my local gun store yesterday looking just to see if they had a LCP. Nope no got...

Not heard anything of a second recall. Where did you hear it?
Nothing about it on Ruger web sight either. Sounds like the usual "gun shop folklore" to me.

garcia946

Post by garcia946 »

Hear it at a gun shop.
Well since no one else has heard this , thats a good thing.
I`ve been on the look out for one , but of course , no one has one. Was thinking about getting a KelTec for now.
NRA Instructor/RSO
Right To Carry CHL

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”