LCP Recall

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Re: LCP Recall

Post by JRG »

I picked up an LCP at the Bigtown Gun Show Saturday from SAW's Guns for $275. I also bought an extra magazine and 50 rounds of ammo. I'm pumped.

Joe

Tireshred
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Tireshred »

I picked this PMI 15 round mag up at the Pasadena Fun Show last weekend, it's just for practice, I had little hope of it working as no PMI mag I've ever bought worked, but it flowed 50 rounds without a hiccup and I didn't have to reload as often.

"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

CompVest
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CompVest »

Now THAT is a pinky extension! :shock:
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 5

Post by longhorn_92 »

CompVest wrote:Now THAT is a pinky extension! :shock:
:smilelol5: :thumbs2:
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

CompVest wrote:Now THAT is a pinky extension! :shock:

I had the same thought, why would PMI put a pinky extension on that? Anyone with a hand that big I won't mess with.
"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

Zee

Post by Zee »

I have a stick mag similar to that for my commander. Muzzle rise is more of a swing at each shot. As the mag empties the bucking gets tighter. Probably not as severe in 380 as 45 due to weight and recoil. Still fun in an out-of-control way.
80% Liberal, 90% Democrat, 100% Responsible gun owner.

Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative. John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)

Jesus was a Jewish Liberal

Backslider
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Backslider »

Tireshred wrote:I picked this PMI 15 round mag up at the Pasadena Fun Show last weekend, it's just for practice, I had little hope of it working as no PMI mag I've ever bought worked, but it flowed 50 rounds without a hiccup and I didn't have to reload as often.

Based on my experiences yesterday, I'd have 10 FTFs before getting to the bottom of the magazine.
If I had a gun for every ace I have drawn, I could arm a town the size of Abilene.

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Kevinf2349 »

My wife's LCP has yet to experience a FTFs...I admit she has only fed 150 or so rounds through it but it has been flawless so far.

It is a bit of a pain to field strip, but as far as being reliable and concealable go I give it top marks.
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

kalipsocs

Post by kalipsocs »

Kevinf2349 wrote:It is a bit of a pain to field strip
how so? the only thing i can think of that would be a pain is the slide stop pin. if so, take the rim of the 380 case, hook it under that pin, and tilt the case to the right.... it pops right out. once I figured that trick out my life became much easier! plus you don't have to worry about marring the finish with a screwdriver. hope my description on how to do the trick isnt too terrible lol

USA1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by USA1 »

kalipsocs wrote: take the rim of the 380 case, hook it under that pin, and tilt the case to the right.... it pops right out. once I figured that trick out my life became much easier! plus you don't have to worry about marring the finish with a screwdriver.
Excellent Tip !! ..Thanks !! :thumbs2:
I always use a small screwdriver with a rag to protect the finish but I like your idea better. ;-)
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Kevinf2349

Post by Kevinf2349 »

USA1 wrote:
kalipsocs wrote: take the rim of the 380 case, hook it under that pin, and tilt the case to the right.... it pops right out. once I figured that trick out my life became much easier! plus you don't have to worry about marring the finish with a screwdriver.
Excellent Tip !! ..Thanks !! :thumbs2:
I always use a small screwdriver with a rag to protect the finish but I like your idea better. ;-)
:iagree: Thanks for the tip. I am always afraid of damaging the finish (and therefore ending up on my wife's naughty list) too so I will try this tip and that may make things less stressful around here come gun cleaning time!
:tiphat:
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

Nice tip, I always hated popping the pin with a screwdriver!

blackrubi

Post by blackrubi »

Sometimes the simplest solutions ARE the most elegant - works like a charm! Thanks!

Spanky

Post by Spanky »

just tried the shell casing trick.....works like a charm. Thanks

chamberc
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chamberc »

Kevinf2349 wrote:My wife's LCP has yet to experience a FTFs...I admit she has only fed 150 or so rounds through it but it has been flawless so far.
I'd have to agree... we have two of them, with probably close to 1000 rounds through them together, including, now, over hundred rounds of Corbon .380... I've absolutely never had a singl FTF from either one of them...
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”